Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Explorer 2 Battery Issue

colt

Hi Guys, been a long time since I have been on the forums, need some assistance, a friend of mine has an Explorer 2 with a rechargeable battery, the battery will only charge to 11.5 volts and the detector will not power on after the battery is charged. So question is, would 11.5 volts be enough power for detector to turn on. It has been many years since I had an Explorer and the one I had was an XS, any assistance would be appreciated.

There is some other issue with the detector, the rechargables do not have as high of voltage as alkaline batteries. I use rechargable AAs in mine all the time.

I would think that 11.5 volts is enough to at least power it on, so we could do a factory reset.

Shouldn't a rechargable pack be 9.6 volts? If so may be something wrong with the rechargable pack. Check clean all the battery connection. Try an alkaline pack if you have one.

The detector should run quite happily on 11.5V. One possibility is that the battery pack is making a poor connection. Try cleaning the battery pack terminals to see if that helps. Also take a flashlight and look at the spring terminals inside the detector where the battery slides in to see if they are bent or corroded.

Hope this helps,
DD

I will relay the info to my friend and see if it helps. I will tell him to look inside, the area where the battery slides in, he always leaves the battery out and could be a case of one of the grandkids sticking something like a piece of paper in there.