Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Explorer 2 chest mount battery and wireless set-up.

Dan(NM)

I have completed my project, the battery and wireless headphone transmitter will mount to the housing. I had to add one more washer to the chest mount clamp to stiffen the housing so it doesn't move because of the battery (6oz).

I found a power supply that is rated at 12v...3000 mah. I turned the machine on, full threshold, speaker on, full sensitivity and opened up the screen to allow for emi to create a continuous signal. After 12 hours, I still had a full battery showing on the screen. At the 10 hour interval, I turned on the back light, after 13 hours it was still showing full battery. I was going to carry the battery in my pocket, but, I didn't want a wired dangling around. I'll shorten the power cord after I test the set-up in real life.

I had a low latency APTX transmitter and some low latency APTX earbuds that I'll be using on the EX2. I could not detect any noticeable lag with this set up, so, all systems are a go. As soon as my leg heals, I'll take it out and put it to a test in the field.