Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Explorer 2 repair parts

Dan(NM)

I have an EX 2 that I'm trying to revive and need a source for the correct size header pin block. Does anyone know where I can get the correct size and shape of the 10 pin header. I tried calling the Minelab repair center but the tech couldn't help me out, thanks.

Attachments

• header pins.jpg
    header pins.jpg
    904.5 KB · Views: 256
Dan, there is a person who repairs them in the US. I wonder if his info is a sticky?
What about the Mouser company? They have electronic parts.
Tony

You will need to look at specification details to see if this might work by cutting it down. If not, they may have other stock items that would work.
Good luck with it.

Hi Dan (MN),
You say you are trying to revive an EX 2 and want to replace the pin array.
I went through such an exercise some 20 years ago on the pins on both sides of that circuit board.
I’m not a “master craftsman” when it comes to soldering or de-soldering but I got around the same problem of reviving two units, EX1 and an EX2 by soldering wires around the outside of the pcb's as a bypass to connect where there was a broken pin.
I left the unbroken pins in place to keep the PCBs in place and also because they are still functioning.
At the time, the whole point of the exercise for me was to simply get and keep the units working and both the units I did this to are both today, still functioning perfectly

Reactions: tvr