Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Explorer 2 Silver Ring find.

Doctorcoinz

Got this 925 ( 92.5%Silver) ring the other day with my dusted down Explorer 2, first time out with the explorer 2 in about 9 months. Plus 4 pound coins all this in a 90 minute hunt. Using the Garrett Zlink wireless headphones which in my opinion work pretty good with the Explorer 2.

Yes you still pay them into your bank no problem. I have several hundred to pay into my account from 2019. The new pound coins with 12 sides have a very slight increase in conductivity i think because they are just a tad bigger and probably had a few changes to the metal "mix" . The old round ones (and the new ones) have a unique tone and with practice i have a 90% success rate at knowing it's a pound coin before digging, the only targets that can fool me and the explorer are the occasional aluminium screw cap. The numbers that virtually guarantee a pound coin is most likely under the coil are 6 - 26 or 7 - 27. Other numbers to look for and easy to remember is a 9 - 9 often a 50p coin , dreaded pull tabs are close in numbers to the 50 p so i dig tabs too. (For uk hunters only or USA guys visiting us! )

Good to know thanks! Plenty of folks go there to detect for hammered coins.

believe it or not I found three pound coins here in NJ over the years - its a heavy coin for sure

Tony NJ

Beware of planted Roman & Hammered Coins. I have heard some of the those expensive holiday detecting sites in the uk for american visitors do plant the odd coin here and there.
Don't hold me to it , it is just what i heard from some one.. ..my own sites have given up not a single hammered last year and i am meaning farmland in "good area's". the main problem is the fields i have been on
have been heavily hammered out by detecting clubs. Fields that have produced coins worth over £2000 each. Once field gave up a £2000 rare gold coin to some one i know. Trust me that field has absolutely nothing
in the soil that is detectable. The field has been wiped clean by hundreds of guys over 40 years..When people say a site can never be cleaned out 100% maybe that is true in some cases but you would need a JCB to dig out a few feet of soil first. The detectorists take home all the trash too so there is on that field where the £2000 coin off absolutely nothing left to find except maybe the odd foil .. I personally think some fields have zero good finds left...