Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

explorer 2 vs safari

raymond kelly

good evening folks im thinking of getting the safari at the end of the summer i have the explorer 2 and its a really good machine what id like to know is would it be worth the upgrade or should i just stick with my ex2 thankyou in advance for any help happy hunting people

Are you considering this an “upgrade” because the Safari is still made? The machines are extremely similar with the ability to use all coils off one on the other, and they relay information via somewhat different controls/display. I’m not sure how many people would consider this an upgrade, most would not. How many hours do you have on your Explorer Raymond? What types of targets do you hunt? What coils do you have? WHERE do you hunt?

The Safari is not an upgrade over the Explorer II IMHO.
Stick with your Explorer II and master the machine. This can take years of dedicated serious hunting to be honest but, once you do you will be rewarded with better and better finds and more of them.
I really believe the Explorer line is the GOLD STANDARD. When the XS came out it was a huge game changer for sure.

Stay with that Explorer 2----it is hard to beat in a FBS machine.
good evening folks im thinking of getting the safari at the end of the summer i have the explorer 2 and its a really good machine what id like to know is would it be worth the upgrade or should i just stick with my ex2 thankyou in advance for any help happy hunting people

Thank you for your quick replies you've made my mind up for me I'll be sticking with the ex2 I only really hunt beaches on the south east coast of England I'm still learning the machine but I'm that impressed with the results I thought I'd upgrade obviously I don't need to I shall just buy myself a nell coil for this and decent carry bag lol once again thank you for the help it's much appreciated

Raymond, I would stick with the EX11. I have owned both and they are somewhat similar with their tones. As a matter of fact, if I did not know what I was swinging, I could not distinguish the difference in the tone only. The Safari is faster than a Quattro, but it is still slower than an EX 11. Where the EX11 shines is the display. There is much more information that the Explorer screen provides. Is it deeper, not in my opinion. I find that I dig much less trash and more good coins with the EX11. If your EX 11 does not have a Pro coil, I highly recommend getting one.

When the Pro coil came out, there was lots of debate about how good it was compared to the slimline. I would not have any Explorer without a Pro coil.

Raymond, I would stick with the EX11. I have owned both and they are somewhat similar with their tones. As a matter of fact, if I did not know what I was swinging, I could not distinguish the difference in the tone only. The Safari is faster than a Quattro, but it is still slower than an EX 11. Where the EX11 shines is the display. There is much more information that the Explorer screen provides. Is it deeper, not in my opinion. I find that I dig much less trash and more good coins with the EX11. If your EX 11 does not have a Pro coil, I highly recommend getting one.

When the Pro coil came out, there was lots of debate about how good it was compared to the slimline. I would not have any Explorer without a Pro coil.
thankyou for that just confirming what i thought i will look at the pro coil your advice is much appriciated ill keep you posted cheers Raymond

Here’s a video I did last year Raymond, if you look I have a few others as well. This is an Explorer2 that I chest mounted. Why? Because I could😀Seriously, it is a GREAT machine, but you NEED to spend time with it. It’s good to see you decided to stick with

What everyone has told you is totally accurate.. this is not an upgrade of the exII.. the screen offers way more info than the safari and loads more of adjustability.. stick with the exp II.

Mark ( ohio )

I can't thank you enough for the you peeps have given me and as for chest mounting it fair play to you I wouldn't even know where to start with that I think I'll give that a miss lol I will be sticking with my ex2 it's in excellent condition electronically but when I got it it was tatty to say the least me personally I look after my possessions and a detector is no different now it looks like new I've completely refurbished it I'm a paint refinisher so it looks lovely now but I'm now wishing I was an electrical engineer so as I could chest mount it lol

You don’t need to be an electrical wizard to chest mount it Raymond, there’s actually not much to it. But..it sounds like yours is just fine the way it is, so we’ll leave it there...for now. :thumbup: