Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Explorer 2

can anyone help me out I just picked one up and its awesome, but little more advanced than my current machine Whites MXT Pro. Also and link to down load the manual? I can't seem to find it. Thanks Ken

Hey Koz.....the learning curve is usually longer on the Explorers,because they are capable of doing virtually miraculous things....so TIME spent in the field is critical. I'm not telling you anything new,but rather reinforcing that with the Explorers in particular,the more you put in,the more you get out. As time goes by it will become apparent exactly HOW powerful the machine really is. And it WILL boggle your mind...in a good way!
Good luck and happy hunting!

IDX, you are starting to sound like a salesmen, too funny.

The Exp II is a terrific machine, I hope they sell me the rights to the dang thing!

BigTony said:

The Exp II is a terrific machine, I hope they sell me the rights to the dang thing!

Yeah I know.:lol: I'm always very passionate when I find a product of ANY kind that not only does what it says,but surpasses any expectations several fold. I have a stable of 3 machines that fit that bill and will never leave my closet!

Well, ok---but we could have told you that YEARS AGO!:)---Now that you've "seen the light"---you're going to have to change that name to "Explorer Monster"!;)
IDXMonster said:
BigTony said:

Yeah I know.:lol: I'm always very passionate when I find a product of ANY kind that not only does what it says,but surpasses any expectations several fold. I have a stable of 3 machines that fit that bill and will never leave my closet!

wow you guys are awesome. If its to much for me I know who to contact. I am currently swinging a Whites MXT Pro, looking to find deeper targets and also for better performance in wet salt sand. I down loaded the manual and wow its impressive to say the least.

Kozman4907

When I first started using my Explorer I was pointed to the two following websites. They help with my learning curve and understanding of the machine. These resources fill in where the instructions left off.

http://usetheminelabexplorerlikeapro.blogspot.com/2004/11/chapter-i-setting-sensitivity-on.html

http://www.frontiernet.net/~jvokes/exscreens.htm

I am hoping the weblinks worked. If not just cut and past it into your browser.

And lastly, by the Minelab Explorer and Etrac book by Andy Sabisch. It is worth it.

Best of Luck.
Jerry

Koz,

Almost forgot.....on the first website, follow the home at the bottom of the page, then look for other chapters on the right side of the page. The author wrote 9 chapters to the blog. You will learn alot.

Contact me if you want my settings .

One thing for sure buy a Pro coil if not already fitted with one.

Keep it simple until you get more experienced with....For starting out run a nickle and silver dime in front of coil till the audio is engrained in your brain...it will help....