Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Explorer battery drain based on coil size?

Hi all...

I have a rather rudimentary question...

Does the coil (size and type) used affect the drain on the battery?

I currently use a 15" WOT coil on my ExpII and have noticed that the rechargeable battery pack is draining much quicker lately.

I now mainly use the battery pack filled with 2500mah NIMH batteries which seems to last much longer though I noticed on my multimeter that this pack packs 1V less fully charged than the rechargeable battery pack which recharges to just under 11V (why not 12V as the pack says?).

Oh and what is the minimum voltage that is required for the ExpII to run correctly?

thanks...Keith

ps for all those tracking my interference issue, it now appears that it is external to the unit. This morning (on a different beach altogether) my machine was stable as for well over 2 hours in both the wet and dry sand. Go figure...

Most detectors battery drain is based on the the target sounds produced. If you use a more open disc pattern then the battery drain would obviously be greater. Also if have your threshold higher, volume higher, dont use headphones, or the backlight. I would assume also that sensitivity too high causing excess noise would also cause a drain.