Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Explorer depth compared to ?

Looking for users who have experience with both the explorer and Safari. Is there depth close to each other? What is the major difference between them? Thanks

I been reading some past posts about this and some say one is better and others like the other one. I know the explorer is an older model than the Safari. Does anyone know off hand if Minelab will fix the older explorer, if you ever need to?

JJames, some folks have said that Minelab will fix your EXP if they have the parts available.
There have been discussions on which one goes deeper on this forum. Many have said that the EXP SE Pro goes a tad deeper then the EXP.
I think it would be minimal amount. If you are really looking for better depth for a certain site go with a 10 x 12 or 15 inch coil.
Maybe the folks you are asking will chime in soon.

I only had the EXP 2 and it was deep. I addded the 10 x 12 and 15 and enjoyed digging deep, these also gave the machine more power hitting on small coins.

Tony

In my opinion there is no noticeable depth difference between the Safari and other Explorer series detectors I have owned. There is much more adjustability with the EX 11 and SE Pro, which helps with accuracy on deeper coins. Just my opinion and other my differ. If I used just the tones on a Safari, I could not tell that there was any difference between any Explorer. FBS machines have the most distinct sound on deep silver that I have ever heard on any detector.

RLOH said:
In my opinion there is no noticeable depth difference between the Safari and other Explorer series detectors I have owned. There is much more adjustability with the EX 11 and SE Pro, which helps with accuracy on deeper coins. Just my opinion and other my differ. If I used just the tones on a Safari, I could not tell that there was any difference between any Explorer. FBS machines have the most distinct sound on deep silver that I have ever heard on any detector.

Yes, you and me both!