Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Explorer face blemish

Kidd

My new explorer arrived with a bubble under the silver part of the faceplate. Its about 3/4 of an inch long, by 1/2 an inch. Is this a common problem, should I try and have it fixed. Any advise would b e helpful. Thanks to all, great forum. Kidd

The bubble sounds like nothing more than a little air trapped under what is basically a vinyl/plastic face with adhesive backing. I'm sure it won't hurt anything. If you were worried about it from a cosmetic standpoint and you bought it new, I suppose you would be within your right to send it back to get fixed. Or you might try pricking a little pin hole in it and squeezing the air out with your thumb. If it's on the silver part and not close to any of the touchpads it shouldn't hurt anything. Or just forget about it. Those are pretty much the choices.

You may be asking for trouble putting a pin hole on the face. Just a way for water to get in and cause real problems. HH

AK in KY

Did you make sure you removed the protective plastic film from your faceplate? My cousin poked his faceplate with his digging tool and put a nice cut in it. He finally sent it in for repairs and when he got it back he said the faceplate cover was lose. Sent it back again and come to find out it was just that plastic film they put on it for protection during shipping. Just a thought.

Eddie

The face plate is a decal/sticker. Pricking a pin hole on the bubble and squeezing the air out is the best way to deal with it. This is the standard way of dealing with these things when applying decals. Its no biggie unless one is anal retentive or not handy with simple tools.

Dont worry about water intrusion. 1st, you should buy a rain cover to prevent scuffing damage on the control box and 2nd the speaker opening is 1000% bigger, and we dont cover that either.

/bing

that your seeing where the wiring for the touchpads go into the control box...there is an opening and sometimes a bulge when the wires make the bend... Best to you, RichardnTn

Maybe...it would have to be something I would decide based on looking at it. It it was what I think it is and it had nothing but hard plastic behind it, I would do it. If it was jam up against a touchpad and there was any chance of water getting in, I wouldn't. What anybody else does is up to them, of course.