Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Explorer II vs. T2

Digging Fool

I own a standard T2, and it's done me well, but my digging buddy has an Explorer II, and he almost always finds more than me. Some relics that he has pinpointed are not even detectable on my T2. I do ok, though. He recently got a 3030, and I'm considering parting with the T2 for the older Explorer. He has it tuned just right for deep relics. It's tried and proven. I've been digging for 35 years, and have owned Explorers before, but always wanted to try other machines. I'm Older now, so it's time to give-up the "what ifs" and settle on 2 or 3 good machines. My T2 will come close to paying for the Explorer if I sell it. Just fishing for opinions....Thanks!

I would see if he would let you get a couple hunts in with it before I sold my T2. If you have already tried it and know you will like it , then go for it. Personally I have not felt the need to upgrade since the day I got my Eplorer SE Pro.

I started using an Explorer shortly after they hit the market and within the first month of using it, I started making good finds. Since then, I have tried all of the high end detectors as soon as they came out. Here is my take on the experimentation of trying other detectors. Sub consciously, I was comparing these detectors to the Explorer. Minelab was on the money when they started the Explorer series. If deep coins are what you seek, they are still the best. I wish their commitment to servicing a ten year old detector was better, but if you want to find older and better coins, they "set the standard"

RLOH said:
I started using an Explorer shortly after they hit the market and within the first month of using it, I started making good finds. Since then, I have tried all of the high end detectors as soon as they came out. Here is my take on the experimentation of trying other detectors. Sub consciously, I was comparing these detectors to the Explorer. Minelab was on the money when they started the Explorer series. If deep coins are what you seek, they are still the best. I wish their commitment to servicing a ten year old detector was better, but if you want to find older and better coins, they "set the standard"
thanks, Ray! Believe it or not, I still haven't hunted with the vx3. Tried it out in the yard, and it works great, but between working and keeping the farm up, I just have not had much time. I do a little water hunting in the summer, but the land machines won't get out much until cool weather comes back around.

IMO you want an Explorer SE Pro with the latest 11" coil. I have owned them all including a 3030 and imo the SE Pro is the best of the bunch. I once dug 40 (not a typo) 8 Reales in one hole a 3030 could not get a signal on, the 3030 waved the :surrender: flag. Here's some inspiration...

Two 8 reales fused together

8realefused.jpg

gold1.jpg

1776f.jpg

1776b.jpg

Thank y'all for the posts! The T2 is gone, and I now have the Explorer II. This machine made some excellent finds when the former owner had it. One was a CS Tongue & Wreath buckle that was still connected, and it was "masked" somewhat by a horseshoe that was over it. It was deep, and gave an "iffy" signal, but he was glad that he dug it! It was in dark dirt, so it came out of the ground with a nice patina. I just hope there is some luck left in the machine. :thumbup:

Charles (Upstate NY) said:
IMO you want an Explorer SE Pro with the latest 11" coil. I have owned them all including a 3030 and imo the SE Pro is the best of the bunch. I once dug 40 (not a typo) 8 Reales in one hole a 3030 could not get a signal on, the 3030 waved the :surrender: flag. Here's some inspiration...

Two 8 reales fused together

8realefused.jpg

gold1.jpg

1776f.jpg

1776b.jpg
Awesome!!!

The T2 might be a good machine ,but not as good as the Minelabs,
also they look like somone knocked them up in their shed. :starwars:

The longer you use them and experiment with them and the tweaks, coils and such, it seems they have even more luck!

Does your hunting buddy want to sell his Explorer 2 to you? If so, I would take it within a heartbeat, you know who used it and that it's in good condition. On top of that, it is a very good detector. Do not upgrade any further.