Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Explorer pattern and settings

amustel

Hi, now I am more confused with my XS...
I understood that saving/load patterns would save and load only disc. patterns, and saving/loading "settings" was for saving or load different settings as sensitivity, audio options, recover options, etc. But I just realized that when I save a setting, it also saves the disc. pattern that is being used at the time of saving. The manual doesn't refers to this. Is it the way that is supposed to work? :stars:

Thanks!

In my very limited experience with teh SE, that sounds correct.

Amustel why you need this? explorer xs can be very slow with lots discrimination-use as little as posible-just thin discrimination line. -15,-14. or even -16 like I do on ferrous. and change just sensitivity on manual. open screen alows you to go in the iron infested sites. but for this you need good headphones,like koss 30 or others. good luck

When you save a pattern.... yep it saves all your settings at that time. Patterns have their purpose.... Ive used them on the beach and even AFTER hitting a very difficult area. Sometimes like Andy said in his book they can be used if your time is limited and you are cherry picking. But like stasys said i wouldnt recommend them for every day use. Most Explorer uses have setting they use and rarely change once they find what works in their area. Even the factory settings..... once you know your machine you will likely tweak those to get the most out of your machine. I have my A and B settings different.... one for cond the other for ferr which i use in the field.

Dew