Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Explorer screen

Nuke em

May sound like a silly question but because the ET pixels are easy to count , does anyone know how many pixels up and down and side to side the Explorer has ?

I want to make a graph showing where all coins and rings I have had come in at , I know there is an element of inaccuracy but it will help me . Its not as easy as the ET .

Thanks .

Richard

There is a book out there about the Explorer XS that show's a graph that the author made for just that purpose and he explains it in detail someone out there may have more info so good luck Richardbecouse that is a great idea :thumbup:

I was hoping that I could read it online , the graph is all I need from it . In fact I had the book in 2002 when I bought my first Explorer but sold it when I moved to the E 11 at the time , thought I knew all I needed :D

Be careful as although what you are doing gives you an idea but a nice ring or coin can be left for the next guy as tilted, worn, masked or deep targets can be deceptive rel movement and position on the screen...

Yes I know , but the tones usually stay the same even if the numbers are slightly out , I will do a sheet for rings , a sheet for modern coins and a sheet for Roman , Celtic, Hammered coins.
With the ET its easy but I am not sure how big the screen is on the Explorer .
On an ET a £1 coin will normally come in at 12 38 but it can be from 7 to 17 Ferrous and 37 to 39 Conduct so on a sheet I will highlight the number it will normally come in and highlight in a lighter same colour the numbers a coin will come in depending on conditions.
Rings are mostly constant as they don't rust or corrode .