Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Explorer se 10.5 DD vs sef 12x10

Explorer.se

Hello All!

I wanted to know does the SEF coil get much more depth than the standard 10.5 for coin sized objects? If not then I will stay pat. I also wanted to know if there is less falsing with one loop over the other? I get falsing like everyone else and will check my coil to make sure I don't have junk stuck to it and I will make sure my cord is not loose as it can make the falsing sounds as well.

thanks in advance

PS I'm waiting for my Garrett pinpointer to come in the mail, cant wait to use it!

Howdy and welcome to the Findmall boards Explorer.se! Be sure and check out "Equipment reviews by findmall members" at the top of the Minelab Explorer Forum page. Click on that and you will find most of the answers you seek. In particular be sure and look at Bryce Brown's review's of many search coils compatible with the Explorer and Etrac. I think you'll find some answers to question you have about the depth comparison between the standard 10.5 coil and the 10 x 12 detech sef. Again, Welcome and Happy hunting!:)

It's not as easy as it used to be to pick the silver and other goodies out of the ordinary sites but meeting the challenge of sniffing out those hidden deep or masked targets that others have missed brings great satisfaction. Don't neglect the research that may put you on sites that possibly haven't been hammered for years. Best of luck!

chipper97 said:
It's not as easy as it used to be to pick the silver and other goodies out of the ordinary sites but meeting the challenge of sniffing out those hidden deep or masked targets that others have missed brings great satisfaction. Don't neglect the research that may put you on sites that possibly haven't been hammered for years. Best of luck!

What has been said here is EXACTLY how I feel about things...it gives me GREAT satisfaction to find stuff others have not been good or lucky enough to find,but in public places luck isn't so much a factor as skill,experience and good equipment. It strokes my ego to know I'm better than the other 100 people who have given it a go and not found that Seated half dime at 8" that I did. We HAVE to be more skilled, and finding the goods says that we are. It takes a different skill set to get permission and possibly get to some easier finds,but it still takes effort and a skill. Those who march forward in either circumstance will inevitably succeed,given enough time and will.
On the side subject of permission...don't be afraid to give it a shot,most people are not snarling monsters when they open the door. Be direct,be quick to say why you're there and play the numbers. Some you'll get,some you won't. Don't waste your time with anyone who resists at all,you don't want to be there under any other situation than...they're totally OK with it. And a lot of people are OK with it.
Have fun out there and good hunting!