Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Explorer SE Pro Pockets Gold

tiftaaft

I have been learning my new (to me) Explorer SE Pro for about 3 weeks now. I have found a few wheats, but still waiting for my first silver... Went to an old Portland OR school in hopes to find some older coins... I did find 3 wheaties (45, 42 and 23), and was making my way around a basketball court when I got a solid nickel tone/id at about 4 inches. I was very excited to find gold in the hole!! Not sure if the stone is a diamond, but the band is 14k. Unfortunately, I nicked the band with my digger, but other than that, it is a nice setting and in very good condition.

Thanks Guys!

Charles, I may need to have you test my ring... I'm not sure how much I trust jewelry stores. ;). I guess if this one is real it would justify the purchase of one of these testers (my expectations are low... I will keep you posted).

Explorer.se - I am really enjoying the Explorer... The tones and feedback are starting to connect with me. I took a pass with my CTX at this same site after the Explorer and it was like it was speaking a foreign language. Maybe my feeble brain can only handle understanding one machine at a time ;).

I am using the iron mask screen with my iron disc set at 30. Sensitivity at 28. Gain at 8. Open to feedback. Thanks to Charles for his help ( and I know he will respond telling me I should be hunting in AM ;)).

Hope to post more finds soon! HH All. Tim.

Happy to, also most mall jewelry stores will test it for free and be honest. They are not really into buying used jewelry. The tester is expensive, unless you are doing a lot of beach detecting as I was for several years or other water detecting its not worth the investment.

Tim turn your gain down to 7, your gain at 8 is helping the black sand defeat you on depth.

Great find Tim!
Charles....tell me please....do you swing ON the ground or an inch above the ground? In other words...in mineralized soil,have you noticed a coil swamping issue? Or is this fixed by the lowered gain? I did some testing last night with the CTX and got a better signal with the coil raised an inch....and it was WAY better on a 9" Merc in my garden. Would like your opinion please to confirm what I was seeing.

Ring Update: It is a 1 ct. Diamond! Took it to my jeweler today and they verified the stone. By far... my best find metal detecting!! Woo Hoo!!

IDXMonster said:
Great find Tim!
Charles....tell me please....do you swing ON the ground or an inch above the ground? In other words...in mineralized soil,have you noticed a coil swamping issue? Or is this fixed by the lowered gain? I did some testing last night with the CTX and got a better signal with the coil raised an inch....and it was WAY better on a 9" Merc in my garden. Would like your opinion please to confirm what I was seeing.

Inland coil on the ground, Explorers HATE air space between the coil and the ground its a depth killer. Also in mineralize soil, especially if the grass is wet take the coil cover off. Black sand between the coil and coil scuff cover can cause a lot of false signals and noise. Oddly if you aim your coil at the horizon in mid air there is no loss of depth, rather depth improves. Its the sandwich of air/soil it hates. All air okay, all soil okay, air/soil it hates it. You also see this on deeper targets, say a target is at 7 inches, its a rock solid signal, you dig a 5 inch plug now creating a 5 inch volume of air between the coil and target, the target vanishes no signal at all, its weird hence I will not hunt without an X1 probe.

On a saltwater beach, wet sand, coil 1 inch off the sand just the opposite of what you would do inland. But also take the coil cover off, black sand and salt water between the coil and scuff cover is even more annoying with falsing and noise.

Tim congrats on the diamond testing real way to go!