Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Explorer SE question

Gold Nuggets

Morning all....
Just a quick question to see if anyone else has experienced this problem.
I had my SE in smart screen, cold outside (but dry) , back light on, dust cover on, 1/2 battrery charge left
was digging a target when the headphones beeped and the left side if the screen went blank while the
right side stayed visable. When I got back to the truck and warmed up a bit, the SE seemed to be just fine.
I don't think I need to worry but wanted some other opinions. Thanks Gold Nuggets

I think you should send it back. Mine had a similar problem, if I recall correctly the left side of the screen would roll over so the the top would be down the bottom and the bottom would be around the middle. This would only happen when the back light was on. If I shut it off it would again be fine after turning it on again till I turned on the back light and seeped across some targets. I could reset it by powering it off and on each time. I think you have the same problem except your left side goes blank instead of rolling as mine did. I sent mine back and MineLab fixed it free of charge and it hasn't happened since. Try turning yours on in the house lowering your sensitivity down till it is quiet, turn on your back light for a little while, and then sweep it across a target a few times and see if it does it. If it does, reset it off then on and try it again with out the back light on. No natter what you find I'd still send it back to MineLab for repair. Its just if you can repeat the failure and tell them the exact sequence that produces the problem it helps them repair it quickly.Good luck and let us know what happens.

Thanks for the information......I tried what you suggested and no matter what, could not get the problem to repeat.
Everything worked just like it was supposed to work. I think the gremlins inside were just getting cold
and wanted to warm up!!! Gold Nuggets