Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Explorer SE recovery speed

Johnny Quattro

Hello Everyone,

I'm considering purchasing an Explorer SE. I currently use a Quattro and want a much faster detector. Have any Explorer users ever used a Quattro, and can you offer some insight on how much faster the Explorer recovery speed is. I also would like to know about the I.D. numbers , does the Explorer tell the difference between a clad coin and a silver coin? because the quattro seems to I.D. them the same. Thanks so much for any input, Johnny

The SE also has a slow processor. Just sweep them slow and they will separate targets very well. The Minelabs are not run and gun detectors like the Fisher's. The difference between clad and silver is very small at best. The depth meter usually helps weed out clad from silver once you establish the depth of the clad targets in the area.

Shane

I fully agree with Shane on his comments about clad and silver, and using the depth meter...

Not sure I agree that the SE has a "slow" processor. Obviously, "slow" and "fast" are subjective terms, but if you run this machine in "zero disc" mode (iron mask 32 -- i.e. "wide open,"), and then run it over a patch of trashy ground, I think the machine-gunning you will hear will surprise you -- it doesn't sound "slow" to me, in terms of being able to respond to multiple, closely-located targets.

Steve

Thanks guys, I really appreciate all the input. It's really a bummer there are'nt many minelab dealers around where I can go try one. I know I won't be disappointed with an Explorer, it would just be nice to know if recovers faster than my Quattro, Thanks again and any more info would be great !!, Johnny

I run the SE wide open and listen for the good high silver tones. No it will not tell you by # if it is silver. Sometimes.... But not always!

The explorer se does not have a slow processor? In fact it's faster than the Explorer 2. It also has a "fast" feature that speeds up the processor even more.

Yes the SE is faster than the Quattro, you can be SURE of that and YES the SE will tell you the difference between a clad dime and a silver dime.

It's not light years ahead in speed over the Quattro.."BUT" is better..

Ive used the quatro and the sounds were a little soft to me.... not so with the SE. If you want to hear how fast it is turn the IM down and listen till you go nuts to the targets under the coil. There is an advantage to a slow moving machine .... in trash some of those FAST machines have to be swung fast for the filters to work properly, you miss targets. The Explorers can almost be motionless to separate targets. From my experience....you will defiantly tell the speed difference. The difference between clad and silver will be in the sound, especially at depth.

Dew