Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Explorer SE & the Beach "settings"

mtpockets

Hey All,

I just sent in my Excalibur to Vegas to have it serviced.. :cry:

So now I stuck LOL with using my Explorer SE at the Beach.... I've been spoiled since I've moved back to Florida several months ago..
I haven't fired up my Explorer in a very long time now.. I was going to sell it..... But I'll just keep her around for the Winter months
and when I travel to those places where the beach is tooo far to get to..

I have a friend that'll let me use one of his Excal's while mine is being serviced... But I thought I'd have to share the Love again with my Explorer

So if any of you guys hunt the Beach area's, and would like to share a few settings with me I'd Appreciate it..

mainly will be hunting the Wet--to dry area's from low to high tide..

Thanks All,
Dennis

When I use my Explorer at the beach, I just use the same settings I use for relicky land site hunting. Ferrous mode, screen wide open (so you hear the iron, but can reject by sound). I put sens. on manual (instead of auto) d/t I prefer to raise or lower it based on the mineralization present, stability, etc.... All the other settings would be about at factory settings, or wherever you put them for y our normal tastes.

Tom_in_CA said:
When I use my Explorer at the beach, I just use the same settings I use for relicky land site hunting. Ferrous mode, screen wide open (so you hear the iron, but can reject by sound). I put sens. on manual (instead of auto) d/t I prefer to raise or lower it based on the mineralization present, stability, etc.... All the other settings would be about at factory settings, or wherever you put them for y our normal tastes.

That's pretty much the way I run it to on the beach.

I have had good results in auto sensitivity. It's a good place to start and if you aren't getting good results, try manual. If you are going down from wet sand into the tide and out again, it is a difficult thing to use manual sens perfectly and the machine may adjust quicker to it in auto then you can in manual. I hunt wide open, ferrous tones, and pretty much dig everything above iron. Turn your gain down to 7 or she'll false every time you bump the coil on the sand. Run some crap targets and some good jewelry across the coil so you get an idea of where they will hit. If you get a repeat target in the top right quarter of the screen, dig it. I dug three silver rings in an hour on a beach in Texas one day. She loves silver and I mean tiny silver. When I was in Florida at the treasure beaches, I was unable to use my largest coils because of the black sand, but the stock and SR 8 worked really well. They were having red tide at the time and I don't know if that effected my results. I darn sure know it effected my lungs though.:detecting:

Thanks guy's

It's been awhile since I've fired up my Explorer. But I generally use Ferrous when hunting parks and such with the Sens as I as I can go..
I just didn't want to hit a beach and have to start messing around wasting precious time.
I haven't taken her to the beach yet.. But We'll see how she handles it..