Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Explorer SE using the Detech 13 Ultimate coil

coinspader

Well the ground thawed out enough yesterday for me to do some digging so I grabbed the Explorer and equipped it with the 13 ultimate, I wanted to see how she did in the trash and nail infestation areas where I usually only use the small coils, I got to say it did quite well, I only managed to get a couple Wheats and some small lengths of copper wire but I was really surprised how well it was picking out non ferrous amongst the nails, I think it rivals the pro coil in my opinion. Anyone who claims FBS detectors don't work very well in iron haven't used them much.

Attachments

• IMG_3595.jpg
    IMG_3595.jpg
    358.4 KB · Views: 35
Well the ground thawed out enough yesterday for me to do some digging so I grabbed the Explorer and equipped it with the 13 ultimate, I wanted to see how she did in the trash and nail infestation areas where I usually only use the small coils, I got to say it did quite well, I only managed to get a couple Wheats and some small lengths of copper wire but I was really surprised how well it was picking out non ferrous amongst the nails, I think it rivals the pro coil in my opinion. Anyone who claims FBS detectors don't work very well in iron haven't used them much.
I took my Etrac out Saturday when the temp hit 42 degrees and had a great three hour hunt. I do dig some rusty iron, but 90% of the time I know it is probably rusty iron. I hunt in spots where I cannot use the pinpoint because of the multitude of various junk targets. If I hear a high tone squeak, I will start circling the target. If it hits from at least one other direction, I dig. Saturday I used this method and dug only 7 coins in three hours. Two 9 inch deep mercury dimes, one silver roosie, and two wheats. Only two clad coins. My wrist and shoulder hurt today, but it's hard to dispute the results.
Every time I think about selling the Etrac because of weight, I will have a day like this. Hopefully I can hold out as long as the Etrac keeps working. PS, I enjoy your videos, but see you aren't doing as many these days.

Yeah I will dig some targets that are iffy when they are deep and I will get wet bent nails, circling the target is a must when identifying a diggable target, that's my protocol too. I love my FBS detectors but they seem to get heavier as each year passes, maybe I will mod one like IDXMONSTER did with his E2. But for now I will heft it till I can't anymore : ) I will try to get some more video's up when the weather breaks, Thanks for watching.

I ended up modifying my Etrac because of shoulder problems. Made a world of difference.

Attachments

• IMG_20240128_074658145~3.jpg
    IMG_20240128_074658145~3.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20240115_122147037~2.jpg
    IMG_20240115_122147037~2.jpg
    936.2 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20240115_122139771~2.jpg
    IMG_20240115_122139771~2.jpg
    910.5 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20240115_122127358~2.jpg
    IMG_20240115_122127358~2.jpg
    885 KB · Views: 46
Looks like you managed to retain a headphone jack as well, nice mod, I don't think I have the heart to take on that mod with my SE, maybe in a couple years when I can't lift it anymore. Thankfully my shoulder is still pretty functional, my lower back is the problem for me. I will probably find an older explorer like an XS that already has a cracked upper cam lock.

LOL, took me a couple of Explorer EX'S and an Explorer 2 before I hacked up the Etrac. I'm trying to hold off from getting a shot or surgery as long as I can.

I took my Etrac out Saturday when the temp hit 42 degrees and had a great three hour hunt. I do dig some rusty iron, but 90% of the time I know it is probably rusty iron. I hunt in spots where I cannot use the pinpoint because of the multitude of various junk targets. If I hear a high tone squeak, I will start circling the target. If it hits from at least one other direction, I dig. Saturday I used this method and dug only 7 coins in three hours. Two 9 inch deep mercury dimes, one silver roosie, and two wheats. Only two clad coins. My wrist and shoulder hurt today, but it's hard to dispute the results.
Every time I think about selling the Etrac because of weight, I will have a day like this. Hopefully I can hold out as long as the Etrac keeps working. PS, I enjoy your videos, but see you aren't doing as many these days.
This is why I love my ctx 3030 🙂 I had a Etrac loved it but did not feel right when swinging (was not the weight) so I tried a Ctx 3030 and it was perfect!

ive got the explorer 2 bought myself a ten pound strimmer harness off amazon light as a feather now