Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Explorer SE?

Its a soild machine. The pro comes with the same coil the Etrac. I found my oldest coin with an Se pro. 1754 half reale mexico mint mark. Compared to the Explore 2 They are both great machines and the Explore 2 can hang side by side with the Se....My opinion

Last edited:
1630446334330.png

Oh boy! What a timely subject! I just bought an SE Pro not a month ago! Here are the things I’ve noticed right off the bat.
Also, observe the top of the Explorer main screen…Mike O was nice enough to list some comparisons!
1) SE Pro has VCO pinpoint. HUGE for me…
2) SE Pro menu and editing is easier and much more pleasant to navigate…for me.
3) SE Pro responds faster because it IS faster. Gen 3 Explorer guts!
4) SE Pro isn’t quite as “musical” as the Explorer 2. I like the audio of the Explorer 2 a little better.
Those are just a few things that come to mind. I’m liking the SE Pro ALOT so far, I’m thrilled to have a slightly faster Explorer where the “12” line is not “normalized” like the machines after it. I don’t think depth capabilities are any different, but perhaps a slightly speedier processor will help to unlock just a few more coins.
I don’t think you’d be disappointed at all Robert, I say “Let ‘er rip!”:yo:

IDX Kevin, I didn’t know that the pin point function with VCO gives a tonal type sound.
Can you tell the difference in items,or is it just gives a high pitch over the target?
Tony
Tony….the VCO (Voltage Controlled Oscillator) pinpoint gives a progressively louder AND higher pitch as you move onto the target. The SE series also give you Target ID while in pinpoint mode. The Explorer 2 only gives an increase in Volume as you move onto the target and NO ID is available while pinpointing.
Will it find even more than I’ve already found in my local areas that effectively have very little to nothing left? Time will tell! But so far I like it very much. Am I selling my Explorer 2? Not a chance in HELL.

I have never owned an Explorer, but I do like me FBS machines. I bought a Safari just over two years ago second hand from a reputable dealer. The dealer said that he honestly did not know it's age but it was in good condition. I paid half price paying $500.00 for it. I heard back from Minelab that mine was manufactured in May 2016. I got a great deal. I have said this to say that I truly like the FBS technology. If the Explorer is anything close to the Safari, I'd say pull the trigger. I hate to see Minelab phase the FBS machines out.

I have never owned an Explorer, but I do like me FBS machines. I bought a Safari just over two years ago second hand from a reputable dealer. The dealer said that he honestly did not know it's age but it was in good condition. I paid half price paying $500.00 for it. I heard back from Minelab that mine was manufactured in May 2016. I got a great deal. I have said this to say that I truly like the FBS technology. If the Explorer is anything close to the Safari, I'd say pull the trigger. I hate to see Minelab phase the FBS machines out.
I honestly can’t see a day when ML would phase out ALL FBS machines, there is just way too big of a following, and more importantly….too many people have had great success in finding what they want to find with them. The ONLY way it would happen is if something else was invented that TRULY “obsoleted” FBS, and I actually hope that happens! That would mean that we would then have something mindblowingly spectacular, just like FBS was when IT came to the market. Again, I’m not holding my breath, but I AM crossing a few things…

Hi everyone have not posted in several years. Just wondering if anyone remembers Bryce from Illinois ? He had great luck on his Mine lab se. Does anyone by chance have those settings yet.
Walker, have you look at the ’Sticky notes’ at the top of the forum put there by Mike O? You might find what your looking for.
Also, there is a terrific book on Explorers that Andy Sabisch and minelab put out. Very helpfull