Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Explorer to E-trac and back to Explorer?

wade tx

I know this question has been asked but curios to know how many tried E-trac only to find they liked Explorer better. Thanks for any comments--Wade

I had the Xs, and did buy an Etrac... The Etrac did not work out for me at all. I went back to Explorer SePro and love it.. I get far better results.
The Etrac was all over the place on Iding targets . 12 #'s everywhere, 13, 14..you pretty much had to dig any and all to find good targets.
My junk targets ratio was very high with the Etrac..Never dug so much junk targets in my life as I did with the Etrac. I like the SePro much better.

You understand Sir..this is a opinion only from someone who isn't really good with either machine mentioned..Just my opinion on which one I like better.

My Experience is just the opposite as Elton as I have used all the differnt Explorers and now the E-Trac and find I dig less trash with the E-Trac and finding coins I had missed with the Explorers. With the Explorers I had to run in ferrous tones as I just got too many nails in conductivity that sounded so good. I also found if I wanted depth I could not run auto sensitivity either as manual did much better for me. Now with the E-Trac I tried to run it the same and wasnt happy at first, but I run the auto sensitivity +3 and conductivity tones and do great with it. I found I go by the tones first, then the conductivity numbers as they are more accurate then the Explorer, then look at the ferrous numbers and find targets that are less then 8 and higher than 24 are iron and those that may bounce between 10-16 are mostly coins depending on deep they are and if the tone and conductivity numbers are right. The reason the bounce is trash items close to the coins. The 1883 IH I got today sounded decent tones and changed a little while the conductivity numbers were 36-38 and the ferrous number were bouncing from 8-14 with most around 11-12. Dug down around 8-9 inches and pulled out the 1883 IH that has been missed many times before.
The E-Trac I feel runs smoother, a bit faster responding, better conductivity numbers as they seem more accurate and feel it is easier to use.
Another guy in my area has one and the SE Pro and didnt know what to think on the E-Trac when he first got it, but kept using it and found he was getting more coins in with nails than he did before and doing comparison on actual targets in the ground found the E-Trac for him got the better signals on the deeper targets and found the SE Pro could hear every target the E-Trac did, but the E-Trac gave the better signal on them.
A Person hears story either way on these 2 detectors and I find I like my E -Trac better myself, but that is me and how I understand it compared to the Explorers which are great detectors also.

I went from Se to E-trac and found I like the E-trac more running in auto seems to get me out of a null faster and running in disc I dont have to listen to bottle caps . As far as depth I think they are pretty much the same. the iffy signals are hard to hear on the E-trac but leaving quick mask in all metal is a great way to check targets I dig less iron with it.I think they are the top 2 MDs out there.And I can hunt with either one the ET is more user friendly.I dont pay much attention to the FE CO # 2 or 3# this way or that its more about the sound to me also I think the sizing vco pinpoint is allot nicer. either way you go they are the best HHR

I tried the E-trac, in my opinion the Explorer provides more target information so I returned to the Explorer. I feel heavily armed swinging my Explorer SE and Pro coil. :super:

The unmapped screen. I might put my XS to pasture and buy one. I would love to have the other E-trac features, but sure feel they made a huge step backwards with that move. If anything they should try spread the signals out even farther. I hear favorable reports about the E-trac, especially speed and more stable threshold. I'm sure the same updates could be done with the original scheme with very little R&D money spent.

My two cents.

I do not plan on getting rid of either but the E-Trac has been superior in most aspect in my ground and my type of hunting for old coins at trashy sites.The EX Pro is my back up unit now .I think the people who go back are the ones who try to make the E-Trac into a Explorer III instead of learning it as a new and different machine.Just my personal results and opinion and I respect any one who uses their machine to its full potential no matter the brand or model,Ray.

The Explorer gives a much cleaner sound on good targets ,.Plus more target information. The E-trac does run smoother. But most targets sound to much alike. JMO

Is it worth the extra bucks to go to the E-Track? If the consensus is that it is better for some and not for others, that to me says it is not a huge step better than the Explorer. If it was a whole lot better, it would be obvious. For the most part what I hear is it is a little better in heavy trash and does not sound as good on targets.

Most folks here know I bought a new SE and after a year of use went back to my EII because to me, it is better. I still kick myself for dropping over $1000 for a new machine that ended up working worse than my current machine. Sort of a shame on ML too. Personally, until folks start saying that the new model IDed targets that the Explorer could not see, I will save my money and be happy that my EII is still top of the line.

Hope this helps - BF