Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Explorer vs Wild surf

nam70

My Explorer got pulled out of my hands and fell in the surf.. Do you think it can be reconditioned ?

Not if it was on power, but if it was off and you took it apart and washed it with fresh water the same day maybe it can be saved. Or we have to say goodby :nopity:

I just got word from Minelab today. Yea ! The Exp 2 can be saved. Cost $220.00.The touchpad and it's associated hardware will be changed. At least it's not fried. I'm thinking a tune up is included so should be great when it comes home..:)

It came home a week ago ,but the flu put me down for a week after. Went out today. Everything works great. A new protective cover for the screen too.:)

My solution to that potential problem was a used sea hunter mark II. As long as I don't let go of the detector in the waves, I should be fine. Maybe you could find a sheltered bay to detect at. I'm thinking of hitting mission bay in my area just for that reason. Between the waves, the surfers, bodyboarders, and fishermen it's down right hazardous to detect in the waves out here.

I had a similar problem and the SE packed up. I put it in a room that had a dehumidifier in to dry out a wall.
After a few days I checked it as I didn't want to send it for repair and was just going to get rid of it, after putting in the spare battery pack I was surprised that it worked.
I also fasten my detectors to a belt with a loop of thin rope so I don't need to put it down as most of our beaches are surf type and very shallow, on a bad day a surge can run up the beach for 200 yards which can ruin your day if the detector is laying on the sand.