Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Explorer XS Iron Mask Values vs SE

Jeff (IL)

From my research it seems that Minelab doubled the IM granularity on the SE (0-32) vs the XS (0-16). If the “high” and “low” of the range was kept the same, why do I see a number of posts stating an IM setting of -22 on the SE is the same as -6 on the XS? Would it not actually be -11?

Thanks for any help in clarifying.

HH,

Jeff

Jeff….They didn’t double the granularity, they simply started from a different number. For example, on my Explorer 2, target ID goes from 00-31 on the Conductive side AND on the Ferrous side. The same is true on my Explorer SEPro, so the available pixels and target coordinates are the same. The difference is that on the earlier Explorers, if you are in the adjustment screen at wide open Iron Mask, the number should indicate “-16” and will move toward “0” as you apply progressively more discrimination. On the Explorer2 and earlier, in Iron Mask you can only disc out approximately half of the screen. On the SEPro, instead of indicating “-16”, it indicates “AM” (All Metal). This is kind of like a “32” on the Ferrous side, but isn’t used in any target IDs. Then it goes to -31,-30,-29 etc until you get to 0, which actually allows you to disc out the ENTIRE screen. Starting with wide open Iron Mask, moving the disc 10 places to the right on either machine gets you to the exact same amount of disc.
Explorer2 and earlier (-16+10=-6)
Explorer SE and SEPro (All Metal+10=-22).
I‘m sure this is as clear as mud and way late, but there it is.