Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Explorer xs let me down for first time

Irvin D Burke

My son lives in a older home a previous owner told him his wife had lost a gold ring in the garden , I tried my comrade but it went crazy so I went yesterday with my explorer it was worst. The cursor was bouncing every where . I of course did noise cancel,turned power down to 4 no change ,there are business behind his home that have radio to contact their trucks. I've never had this kind of trouble, I checked when I got home it worked fine. Any ideas on settings please let me know

See if she has underground secondary wire, 120-240V, from her transformer pole to the meter pole OR from the meter pole to the house. Might be interesting to have her shut off her breakers and then you try & detect. Maybe underground leakage.

Were there any areas of that yard that didn't make the machine go crazy?
Small coil, auto and low gain/sensitivity, try after the sun goes down too. Good luck.

Try a smaller coil, much smaller, the smaller the coil the smaller the antenna for picking up interference, get down on your knees with an X1 probe as a last resort.

As said above,any kind of electrical current underground is really messy,but is usually confined to the general area of where the wires or cables are running,at least from my experience. The smallest coil you got is going to be the answer to that particular problem. Now if you have EMI bombarding the control unit,even though it's shielded you might just have that one in a million case where it cannot be cured by any means. Then maybe try a single freq unit...if you have access to one.

I want to thank everyone for their advice ,I've had my explorer for at least 15 years and love it so I was surprised when it didn't do better than a compadre. It did find a few things but it chirped the whole time. It goes to show sometime simple is better.