Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Explorer XS with slimline coil.

Dan(NM)

I just purchased an explorer xs with the slimline coil instead of the original coil. I've never had an explorer or etrac that had the slimline coil and was wondering what everybody's opinion was on its performance. Thanks.

Can't say I agree with that but, hey everyone is entitled to they're opinion.
The Slimline when it first came out had many problems that was addressed when they came out with the Pro Coil on the SE Pro.
Many guys love the Pro coil.
Personally hands down my favorite coil is the 1050 that came on the Explorer II.
Granted if you got a problem free Slimline they work fine just not my favorite.

I’ll agree both ways to an extent...I used the Slimline coil on my Ex2 for a short period of time and it worked very well,I must’ve had one of the “good” ones. I sold it to a friend so didn’t own it long. My own take from what I’ve seen is that the 1050 coil isn’t wound to necessarily enhance target separation,though it does well with it. The 1050 coil I have,for some reason,runs very quietly,while my Detect Ultimate 13 is fairly noisy. The Sunray X-12 I’ve also used did very well,but there is something about the specific tuning of the 1050 coil to that particular machine which makes for very productive hunting,even though the signal to me isn’t as “sharp”. It is just VERY smooth. Not the lightest thing going,but that’s OK...