Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Explorer's Gurus ..i have a question....

alex

Any ideas how to improve explr's depth?? Down to 14" may be more 18".
I hunt mostly at a ocean beach...wet sand, sallow salt water.
So if it's a coil must work well near salt water (no false signals).
Excelerator 12" is OK but i want more depth...
Any ideas???!!
May be i'm asking too mach i don't know :blink:
Thanks,
Alex.

Gee all saltwater beaches are different or for that matter different from day to day due to the wave element. Usually a wet area equates to more depth but in most case sensitivity has to be toned down because of the wet salt sand...Have no doubt the Explorer is capable of depths of a foot or so and perhaps a little beyond but under your circumtances would be satisfied with a 10 inch target..Remember this is just ballpark and your conditions and expertise may equate to lower or higher than the ballpark figure....

is to get a DetectorPro. It's a Pulse so there is no discrimination. It is not bothered by saltwater falsing. I have dug targets down to 18 inches in the sand BUT sometimes those targets are bobby pins. Don't get one if you don't like digging.

Alex;
I use a sunRay x-12 on my explorer xs and on wet sand will routinely
dig quarters at 18 inches. the causes for falsing with this coil are black sand under the coil cover and running sensitivity too high
I can usually run sensitivity at 18-20.
The larger coils such as th excellerator 18 will give more coverage but not necessarily more depth. the 14" Wot is not a coil that i have used but others have been pleased with the performance on salt beaches.

Rick (TN)

18 " Coil is a bit much for small objects. It is recommended not to go larger than the 15" as you will start losing deeper coin sized targets faster. Like everything else this is not written in stone.