Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ExplorerXS Curser Movement.

S

stoneshirt

Hello,everyone.
Has anyone EVER found anything of Value,in Gold,when the Cursor drops down to the lower Right Hand Corner,leaving only the upper left Corner of the Cursor showing?..I pretty much pass on that,being 99% Beer Bottle Caps.Does any Gold show up there?

stoneshirt.

Chris.Thanks for your input.
I'm Detecting down here in Ecuador. Plastic Bottles are used,and no Soda Tabs..A.4 Hour Hunt,One Pull-tab...I think I got Pull Tabs and Crown Caps pegged on the Screen.. Columbia,(Santa Marta) with it's wall to wall Pull Tab Carpet was a good learning session.If you dig Tons of em',in a very short Time Period,you can learn quick.I was in Santa Marta for a little over 2 Years,and I never seen another Detector...Good pickens' you say? Not so much..A lot of what they call "Fantasy" Jewellery.
Here in Ecuador(Bahia Caraquez) I'm getting ALOT of those US $1.00 Coins,which I never knew existed! Since I had left the States before they put them in Circulation.And got tired of them,giving them all to Ecuador to use.But,Alas,same thing here as Columbia,(lots of "Fantasy").And very few Gold Items.In Columbia(Santa Marta) there are a few Locals on every Beach,swimming aimlessly,with mask and Snorkel,and some sort of Fanning device,looking for Fresh Drops.I thought,at first,they would resent me,with what I had in the way of Gear.Some, you would see, would be decked out in a $3.00 Set of Children's Mask and Snorkel Ensemble from China...Ja ja.They actually were nice Guys.Some would direct me to spots."Rolex Phantom Lost Watch.".. Gold Chains almost as long as your Arm,Many Legends (mostly B##LL SH#T.They would wear everything that they found,as status.

stoneshirt.

I can't remember ever digging anything but a crown cap when the cursor hits in that spot. Even dug a few of those really deep targets today and they were all bottle caps.

It bears worth noting that the cursor movement/placement is where FBS machines that utilize the Smart Find screen have an ENORMOUS advantage over many other units. The machine is giving you a visual representation of Ferrous AND Conductive properties, which can be much more telling than a “one number indication”. I haven’t dug a crown cap rusty or otherwise in a good two years, except one that was in a hole with a clad dime. Video is here.... https://youtu.be/sfpGG-m2fxY