Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Explorist 600 Problems

commspec

Has anyone had any problems with the Explorist Series from Magellan? I own an Exp. 600 and it died on me after 4 months. I sent it in on warranty and received it it in no better condition, with no explanation as to what was done. After dealing with Awful customer service (from INDIA no less), I called California and reached the Quality Assurance Dept. I was told to send the unit back UPS Red on their dime and they would send a new one. My dealer suggested that he do the initial set up in case of failure again. The unit powered up fine and we were able to set all of the parameters. As a final check, my Explorist 600 was tried on the AC Power cable and did not work. The dealer tried his own supply and the unit powered up with no problem. He then tried mine again and the GPS failed. This time for good! It would not run on batteries, his supply, or anything. It POOCHED! It appears that the power transformer is defective.( They did not send a new one with the new unit>>>) As I am going to have to send this in again, I am beginning to question the Magellan Quality now. I checked the transformer, and it is putting out 12V instead of 5.0 V Please be aware that this could occur to your Explorist. Trying to deal with the offshore Cust. Service is a total joke!!!! Someone else posted the same problem on Amazon. BE AWARE that this could be a product defect that could affect your Explorist (most models) Please let me know if you have had this problem. JIM:nopity:

Sounds like the transformer caused the problem, Too much voltage even if connected for short periods fried your explorist 600.

My Explorist 600 has been working fine going on two years, The voltage on the transformer is putting out a tad over 5.0 volts. Hope they make it good again and replace the transformer the next time around.

Keep us posted,
Paul (Ca)