Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Extension cord for the 180 meter

Rob in (Ca)

Extension cord for the 180 meter, for hip mounting. I believe Radio Shack sells them anyone knows what part # that would be

Man you had me going through my trash. I just got the setup Friday. I know it was a 6' Audio cable. Also, The first one I got was the wrong size. Finally I just took my detector in the store and they set me up. I did have to buy a coupler because the only 6' cable they had was one with male plugs on both ends. Sorry

Rob you might want to give Ralth at Sun Ray a call i remember he made me a 5 ' extension cord for my Minelab 180 meter so i could hip mount my GT i really dont remember the cost maybe 24.00 ? . Jim
1-319-636-2244

Rob,my area Radio Shack no longer sells the female to male 6ft extension cord,but some stores may still carry this cable.One way and the least expensive,use the female to female connector, Radio Shack skew number for this part 274-874 price $5.79. In your junk drawer is probably an old audio cord that will work well as an extension cord,with this connector added.My favorite cable to use with this female connector is a Radio Shack 6ft (1.82 M) skew number 42-2367 audio cable price $5.97.Hope this helps.Thanks Ron.

For clarity sake you guys must be talking about an audio extension cable for extending Ron's 180 meter, right? Because far as I know Radio Shack has never carried a coil cable extension. All the "similar" coil cables or even plugs my Radio Shack carries don't have enough pins as they are for certain types of CB radios and such.

If anybody out there is confused, all the meters except Ron's would use a coil cable extension, and usually have enough cable length anyway that there is no need for a coil cable extension. I know the Digisearch meter's coil cable is so long that I could easily hip mount the control box and still keep the meter on the shaft. The beauty of Ron's meter though is that it uses a much less bulky audio cable which is really nice.

It's for the Digisearch 180 meter , thanks all, will check it all out, I'm renting a Beach house this coming 4th and need to get things dialed in.

Also on E-Bay UK they sell this 5' foot coil cord 6 pin extension for the Sovereign i payed 10.00 USD comes in real handy in a pinch i keep it in my accessory bag just in case i change my target meters in the field Jim