Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Exterior aluminum control box coating. Options?

straker

I'm working on selecting an exterior coating for my vintage aluminum control box metal detector. Considered paint,but might want to explore other options. Don't want to put bed liner or anything rough textured. Neither highly porous or a dirt magnet. Any suggestions would be appreciated. The control box was originally powder coated and I want to do something different this time.
Please,no funny comments for color suggestions. Not going to do any gaudy colors or something radical to draw attention.

If you don't want the paint to scrape off, do it right.
Go get some aluminum primer spray paint in a can. Then get Marine outboard motor spray paint. Unless you have compressor and spray guns..........

I'd anodize the aluminum. Today they can do it in many colors.

1621606625436.png