Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

External speaker

dirthunter

Been thinking about getting an F75 LTD! Does the F75 have an external speaker with volume control? I sometimes prefer to hunt with out headphones. Thanks.

The Fisher F75, like almost all metal detectors made today DOES have a built-in speaker. Note that I said: BUIILT-IN.

Having an INTERANL speaker with ports in the housing to allow the user to hear the audio response is something I make use of quite often. Generally I prefer to use headphones, but there are times when I am away from people and noise and just kind of enjoy listening to the audio report from a detector's speaker.

I flash back to 1971/'72 when I used a Fisher Orion, and a couple of other early-era detectors, that came with a set of headphones. They did NOT have a built-in [size=small](internal)[/size] speaker, just a ¼" headphone jack. If you didn't want to use headphones, and most of those that were supplied with the detector, you could purchase an EXTERNAL speaker. It is simply that, a Speaker that is attached EXTERNALLY that you plugged into the ¼" jack and ... shazam! ... you had a speaker to listen to.

Many of the earlier Metal / Mineral Locators came w/o a speaker, and some up-line models had a built IN speaker but no headphone jack, while others started to feature BOTH a Built-In speaker as well as a Headphone Jack. I know the first three home-built Metal / Mineral Locators I built from March of '65 to early '68 didn't have a Built-In speaker, just a jack for headphones.

So, YES the F75 has a speaker and you can listen to and adjust the Volume, but it is an Internally located speaker and NOT an External speaker.

Monte