Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Exterra pro IDs stability

I don't own a 700 or 900 ,or a 800… but I’ve owned many 800s…I have a xterra pro and I have no desire to buy any nox right now. .If I had a nox and a xterra pro sitting at the door I’d definitely grab the nox more than I would the xterra pro… but like I said, I have no desire to buy a nox at this point,xterra pro is really good and I think the number jumping is nitpicking to a degree,I personally haven’t had a issue and although it will jump sometimes I’ve found it pretty solid on good targets..

Jimmy Clark, I want to clarify somthing I said above cause I know sometimes things look differently in typing as theydo in actual meaning..when I said the number jumping thing was nitpicking I meant in general, that wasn’t directed at anyone for asking or saying..But what I was trying to say was aside from a FBS machine most ID number on most machines are about as reliable as the next. I’ve watched the same videos as you probably did about the xterra pro,and I saw a lot of bouncing. But I also know setup,soil conditions and other factors play a part in those bounces, so I figured for under $300 new why not, and I got mine used ,only a few weeks old for $240.. Hard to beat anew waterproof machine,with as many bells and whistles,performance etc for that price..I don’t think you’ll be disappointed in the least if you buy a xterra pro..good luck

Jimmy Clark, I want to clarify somthing I said above cause I know sometimes things look differently in typing as theydo in actual meaning..when I said the number jumping thing was nitpicking I meant in general, that wasn’t directed at anyone for asking or saying..But what I was trying to say was aside from a FBS machine most ID number on most machines are about as reliable as the next. I’ve watched the same videos as you probably did about the xterra pro,and I saw a lot of bouncing. But I also know setup,soil conditions and other factors play a part in those bounces, so I figured for under $300 new why not, and I got mine used ,only a few weeks old for $240.. Hard to beat anew waterproof machine,with as many bells and whistles,performance etc for that price..I don’t think you’ll be disappointed in the least if you buy a xterra pro..good luck
Thanks Woodbutcher, for the info. I know what you mean about the typing. I'm a one finger user when I type. an its hard for me to say what I mean, even when talking to people in person. I'm thanking about buying the nox 700. to go with my orx. Ive never owned a nox but have fellow club members who swing the nox an really like them.

Thanks Woodbutcher, for the info. I know what you mean about the typing. I'm a one finger user when I type. an its hard for me to say what I mean, even when talking to people in person. I'm thanking about buying the nox 700. to go with my orx. Ive never owned a nox but have fellow club members who swing the nox an really like them.
You will like it. The coin vdi on the 700 and 900 will spread the upper coin segment a bit to make it a little easier to ID before you dig.

You know though, I had all 3 xp units for about 3 years. Orx, deus and about 6 months with the deus 2.

If I was to get another xp and I may it would definitely be the orx. It is a very fun unit and went just as deep and separated just as good as the deus with the same coil using the same frequencies. It is a great unit.

Although, I like the 6 coil. The price of one kept me away. It kind of defeats the lower cost of the X-terra. I know there is always the used market and all. Anyhow, hopefully, those Vanquish style coils happen.
The way I look at the cost of additional coils is that I'm going to buy them anyway, regardless of whether I get an expensive machine or not. It's just part of the price of admission.

I've already paid $150 for a used Coiltek NOX15 coil, and I'll end up spending a little less than that for a used 6" coil, at which point I'll have less invested than If I got just a barebones NOX 700. Which is going to find more, an XT-Pro with two additional coils, or a Nox 700 with only a stock coil?

The way I look at the cost of additional coils is that I'm going to buy them anyway, regardless of whether I get an expensive machine or not. It's just part of the price of admission.

I've already paid $150 for a used Coiltek NOX15 coil, and I'll end up spending a little less than that for a used 6" coil, at which point I'll have less invested than If I got just a barebones NOX 700. Which is going to find more, an XT-Pro with two additional coils, or a Nox 700 with only a stock coil?
Yeah I agree, you never can have enough coils. Lmao I prolly got more for certain machines than I need. Old Longhair did you ever get a chance to swing that coiltek Nox15 on your Xterra Pro? How did it do for you? Also what do you think about the Nox 15x12" smart coil on the xterra pro over the stock V12X coil? I wish minelab would get on the ball & get the V8X coil on the market, I think that is going to be a smashing lil coil. Thanks.

Yeah I agree, you never can have enough coils. Lmao I prolly got more for certain machines than I need. Old Longhair did you ever get a chance to swing that coiltek Nox15 on your Xterra Pro? How did it do for you? Also what do you think about the Nox 15x12" smart coil on the xterra pro over the stock V12X coil? I wish minelab would get on the ball & get the V8X coil on the market, I think that is going to be a smashing lil coil. Thanks.
I only have the stock V12X & NOX15, so I can't comment on the others.
The NOX15 does well if you sweep slow enough. I haven't had enough time with it to be able to testify to its depth capability, but I have pulled small buttons from 10"+ running it in 5kHz.
Over this weekend I plan to hit at least one residential permission, and with any luck at all I'll have more to report on its overall performance on the XT-Pro.

I too hope that the V8X drops soon. I actually like 8" coils better than 6", and I'd rather spend my $ on a V8X than a 6" NOX coil. For the way I hunt and the sites I hunt the 6" coils sacrifice too much depth, and 10" coils of any configuration can't separate adequately. An 8" coil virtually lives on my Explorer SE.
If a site is so trashy that I absolutely need a 6' coil, I'll just strap one on the 705 and get busy.

The NOX15 does well if you sweep slow enough. I haven't had enough time with it to be able to testify to its depth capability, but I have pulled small buttons from 10"+ running it in 5kHz.
Over this weekend I plan to hit at least one residential permission, and with any luck at all I'll have more to report on its overall performance on the XT-Pro.

I too hope that the V8X drops soon. I actually like 8" coils better than 6", and I'd rather spend my $ on a V8X than a 6" NOX coil. For the way I hunt and the sites I hunt the 6" coils sacrifice too much depth, and 10" coils of any configuration can't separate adequately. An 8" coil virtually lives on my Explorer SE.
If a site is so trashy that I absolutely need a 6' coil, I'll just strap one on the 705 and get busy.
Thanks! Is the coiltek nox15 coil a weighted coil? I was looking into the coiltek 14x9" till I read it was a weighted coil for water hunting. Thanks again.

Thanks! Is the coiltek nox15 coil a weighted coil? I was looking into the coiltek 14x9" till I read it was a weighted coil for water hunting. Thanks again.
I don't believe that the NOX15 is a weighted coil. It weighs enough all by itself.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of elliptical coils. They are depth limited by their width, and separation impaired by their length, so what's the point?
I know that they are the current trend, but I've never bought into trendy stuff, and prefer to go with what's most likely to achieve my goal under whatever circumstances I'm working with.

Exactly my thoughts process.