Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Extra middle rod

Picketwire

For those who are getting the new middle rod, the old rod can sure make coil changes easier. Just mount the coil on the extra rod, wrap the cord around it and velcro it where it attaches to the control. To change coil, unscrew the coil, pull the middle rod and coil out. Put the other middle rod with coil already wrapped up back in, screw in the connector and go. It saves a lot of time. I saw on the big auction site someone trying to sell his old middle rod. You won't see mine there. If I didn't have a new one, I might have bid on his old one just for what I described.

For those who are getting the new middle rod, the old rod can sure make coil changes easier. Just mount the coil on the extra rod, wrap the cord around it and velcro it where it attaches to the control. To change coil, unscrew the coil, pull the middle rod and coil out. Put the other middle rod with coil already wrapped up back in, screw in the connector and go. It saves a lot of time. I saw on the big auction site someone trying to sell his old middle rod. You won't see mine there. If I didn't have a new one, I might have bid on his old one just for what I described.
I had four lowers for my V3i for just that reason.

Nice thing about the Deus, no cables.
Just unscrew one coil screw on another no need for another rod. Well i guess you can if you even want to eliminate dealing with the coil screw. Then it’s literally a 2 second thing

Curious though how often do you really change your coil in the field. Usually one knows what they are going to use where they are planning to go most of the time you been there before. Only takes a couple minutes otherwise.
Unless there are situations to keep changing coils during a hunt that im not aware like sweeping an area with one coil then going back over it with another.
Most of the time its going back over with a different detector all together or different settings not so much a different coil