Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Eyeballing....

A

Anonymous

It was cold rainy and wet here yesterday. So I took $100 from the checking account that I could spare for a few hours and went to a bank that has been letting me get rolls of half dollars. Opened all the rolls and one of them about made me pass out. 13 silver clad and one silver. Not like finding a silver dollar with a detector but sure had my heart pounding. Found 3 more silver clads and a siver half in the other rolls. If you can't afford to tie up your money as I can't, get the rolls in the morning and return what's left before they close. Works on Saturday. Having an outlet for those coins to be redeemed helps also. It's free money to find them. Don't expect this to happen everytime. This was the best day I've had in one year of doing this.
HH
HH

goes through the coins, as I cannot even get rolls of the new quarters from them! Congrats to you though and my detector friend before she passed away used to go in to the banks and ask for all their odd change! She also got some goodies that way!
God Bless!
Betty

Good going !! I tried that one time and didnt get any, ought to try again. Someone said to get them from banks in small towns as the larger cities have lots of people looking for them also. Your silver sure beats the heck out of my 30 current coins dug this morning !! Steve in so az

as Steve said smaller towns can be a source but they don't tend to have many on hand. HH

I would have been gratefull to be out detecting and finding less than half of what you find. Lima, Ohio has a population of only 40,000. Our areas where people recreate are only really used 4 months a year. The goodies are still found on the private properties. Check the smaller branch banks and like you said the smaller communities. Not many rolls but more of a likiehood of unchecked treasure.
HH

next time I go out of town. The nearest towns here are about 60 miles away or more. Steve