Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F-19 1820's button

KyJoe

This is a Lewis & Tomes Extra Rich button circa 1820's. I know it's not much but to find anything on this small patch of ground I've pounded for 15 years with 8 other machines amazes me.

And there is a NOX in that first picture ??? Did you check if it could pick up that button and ID it correctly as well ?

The Nox did pick it up but was dropping the #'s because of co-located iron. For my ears in my soil and for this target the F-19 hit on it better. There's just no mistaking a good target in heavy iron with the F-19. The Nox makes a lot of similar sounds and sometimes high chirps on iron and trying to pick out the repeatable signal is a little more difficult. I have my F-19 volume at 13 with no disc and V break at 35, I'm hearing probably 10 soft iron grunts every swing then a " ZZiiiippp" on a good target. It just jumps out at you, hard to miss. This whole location is a minefield of small iron. There was a home that burnt back in the 20's. I've found many old coins, buttons, some jewelry and civil war items including a Union belt plate.

Thanks for sharing your settings.