Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

f 19 coils

DannyB1954

I have a F19 and was shopping for a 5" coil. The Fisher compatibility site https://www.fisherlab.com/hobby/detector-searchcoils.htm lists the 5" Gold Bug coil as the one to use, but all the retailers list the 5" coil for the F5 as being the one to use. Other coils between the F5 and F19 seem to be the same. So my question is , are the F5 and Gold Bug coils the same except for the Gold Bug sticker placed on the outside, or is the Gold Bug coil made in a manor that it would be better for gold nuggets? Could it be the Gold Bug coil is epoxy filled making it tougher so that it can be bounced off of rocks in gold country? The 5" F5 coil is a lot cheaper at some retailers.

I have the 5" DD coil with the pretty black label written Gold Bug on it and it works well with my F19. I haven't used it extensively but tried it a few times. As far as I know, the F5 round DD coil should be the same since all the Fisher DD coils can swap from the F5 to the F19 and vice versa. Still, I'd write to Fisher just to be sure. Dave J could chime in as well.

Sometimes there are 5" DD gold bug coils for cheap on the used market. That's where I got mine. I wasn't sure if I would use it enough to justify paying full price for a new one.

Teknetics also has a 5" DD coil with the label of T2 that is also listed as compatible with the F19 at retailers. I guess my question is are they all the same except for the bumper sticker?
I don't mind paying more for the best if there is a difference, but hate to find out I was the victim of a marketing ploy and gave someone an extra $40.

Hi,
the way I understand it is that the F70/F75/T2/Patriot coils including the 5" will not work on the F19. The 5" coils made for the Gamma, Omega, F5, Gold Bug, Gold Bug Pro will work. They are great for trashy areas and for gold prospecting and will detect well past their 5" diameter.

Jeff

Coils for the T2 are not supposed to be compatible with the F19, G2+, F5, Omega, etc. As far as I know, T2 coils are not even compatible with F75, F70/Patriot detectors. They could possibly work if swapped from one machine to the other but with diminished performance.

I can't find the web add that said the T2 coil would work. Looking at the freq specs for both machines it does seem unlikely.
KellyCo has the 5" Gold Bug coil for $127 including shipping to my house, so that is about as cheap as any new coil, and It is a proven solution.

Thanks for all the help.