Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F 19 Questions

Architex

I have just discovered the features of this machine and it's interesting. So - how good is it, how deep is it on average, and what does a used one usually go for?

You're questions are very subjective, and will depend on the individual.

I have the Teknetics G2+, same as the F19, just a different handle setup. IMHO it is VERY good at what a 19KHz detector should be good at. It is extremely sensitive to low conductors and tiny targets since it's origins are in the gold nugget hunting realm. It does very well in environments with high iron, which has made it a favorite among relic hunters. It does quite well coinshooting, but will loose a little depth compared to some other machines on high conductors like quarters and deep silver, as that's not what it's primarily designed for. Has a very accurate TID.

Depth as with any detector depends on soil conditions. If pure depth is what I'm looking for I'd use my F75.

I find myself using my G2+ more than my F75 or CTX lately, except when I'm looking for deeper high conductors. I hunt freshwater beaches, and sports fields with it using a NEL 12"x13" Tornado coil and it works very well. The standard 11" biaxial coil separates well.
It has true VCO modulated audio, not a specific number of tones. You can adjust the V-Break audio at a point where below the set point will report a low tone, anything above will report in VCO audio, with a higher pitch and volume for large or shallow targets, a more subdued volume/tone for deeper or smaller targets. I really like it!

As to current used prices. I'm seeing them around $300. A new G2+ is currently selling for $449 direct from Tek.

I like my F19 for all the reasons stated by MI-AuAg . It is also light as a feather and super easy to setup. The screen is well thought out and informative. As it is intended for nugget hunting, be prepared to find the tiniest of targets.

It's more stable than any detector I have used. Impervious to EMI, no signal clipping or falsing here even with sensitivity maxed out. I wish it had a 3 or 4 tone mode just because it is also a great coin shooter despite what people who haven't used it think.

Thanks for all the replies. My interest in the F19 is because I am looking for a digital two tone machine where the tone breaks with the changes in disc. And by changes I mean almost like thumbing a knob - that quick. Doing that and listening for the "spit" when a target is on the edge if it's disc point often allows me to eliminate about half the aluminum trash. And I also like to hear what I've disc'd out so I know where the action was as far as people activity. The F19 seems to be pretty close to doing those things (except for the 3 second blackout). The only machine that does exactly what I want is, believe it or not, the Harbor Freight 9 function but I would like a little more depth.
Now all I have to do is find an F19 for $200 or less. Wish me luck,I'll need it.
Thanks again.

200 bucks for a F-19?---I wish you mucho success with that!---Never know till you try I guess.
Architex said:
Thanks for all the replies. My interest in the F19 is because I am looking for a digital two tone machine where the tone breaks with the changes in disc. And by changes I mean almost like thumbing a knob - that quick. Doing that and listening for the "spit" when a target is on the edge if it's disc point often allows me to eliminate about half the aluminum trash. And I also like to hear what I've disc'd out so I know where the action was as far as people activity. The F19 seems to be pretty close to doing those things (except for the 3 second blackout). The only machine that does exactly what I want is, believe it or not, the Harbor Freight 9 function but I would like a little more depth.
Now all I have to do is find an F19 for $200 or less. Wish me luck,I'll need it.
Thanks again.

I got mine from a sponsor here on findmall for $329 with the 11 DD coil. I've never seen an F19 go for less than $300 with stock coil. At that price, it's a steal so if you can get a genuine machine for $200 that works like it should, go for it !

Yeah - took me a bit of checking before I realized what they cost. $200 ? May as well wait for one to drop from the sky.