Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F 4 and frozen ground

For the past oh say 8 years I have been swinging the F4 in San Diego Ca but have now moved to Utah. I am finding that I am not detecting like I was in Ca. I am wondering if it is because the ground is frozen or some other reason. Also my pin pointer is not working as it did before moving here. I will be purchasing the Patriot in the spring when the ground is more agreeable. Any information would be of great help.

richard thompson said:
For the past oh say 8 years I have been swinging the F4 in San Diego Ca but have now moved to Utah. I am finding that I am not detecting like I was in Ca. I am wondering if it is because the ground is frozen or some other reason. Also my pin pointer is not working as it did before moving here. I will be purchasing the Patriot in the spring when the ground is more agreeable. Any information would be of great help.

Information about what?

richard thompson said:

I have recently returned to detecting after moving and taking a break from detecting for health reasons I bought a Tesoro Amigo II. It sparked my obsession with detecting again and made me want a better machine. I purchased a F70 with a couple of extra coils and although I have only had it out 3 times I am really impressed with it. It is light, fast, deep and easy to setup. I don't think you will regret your decision to get the Patriot. I have had a lot of top end detectors such as the Etrac, Explorer, Whites MXT. XLT, and XP Deus to name a few. I think the F70 will hold it's own with any of them.