Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F-70 acting up again and 1 good find

diggin4relics

Went out for a short hunt and the F-70 acted up again. Set it down to dig a target and it started beeping like mad, numbers flashing all over. I turned it off and reset it and it was fine. That is twice this has happened to me. I found about $4.00 in clad and this old brass key which I think is pretty cool. Not sure what it goes to though.

Mike

Mike,

Should it ever act up again, consider trying to remove one battery and then wait a few seconds and reinstall and try unit again.

Was your unit one of the ones to be replaced before?

Have you put new (completely different) batteries in the unit? Do you have a volt meter to see what these batteries are are putting out? These batteries are not rechargeable are they?

Nice finds! I was just thinking, maybe this erratic behavior is your wife signaling you to come home !

Tony, it has brand new Duracell batteries in it. Whether it should have been sent back, I don't know. I just got it a couple of weeks ago. I think I'll try and call tomorrow and see if I can find out anything.
Anyone have any idea on the key?

Mike

Nice old key.

If you bought your F-70 a couple weeks ago, then I would almost bet that it hasn't had the software rewritten. Not to say that rewriting the software (for the reasons mentioned in a post below, by Mike Scott) will address your issue. But considering the "rewrite" process wasn't implemented until about 10 - 12 days ago tells me that your's wasn't among those that were sent back. I know that some have indicated otherwise. But the various dealers I visited with didn't have the "updated" models until last week. Now before some of you get your fingers poking on the keyboard, I ain't posting this to start any argument. Just an effort to lay out the timeline of the software rewriting schedule, based on the dealers I've communicated with. HH Randy