Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F 70 notch

PostalTwo

hello folks just wondering about the notch feature on the f70. from what i understand 1 is 0 notch correct? now if i set 30 how wide is the notch? is it the whole target segment? or is it a set width? how does it work? thanx

I think it would be 26 to 45 range removed.... I know 40 notch takes 36 to 55 out

I read the manual and it used that as a for instance when setting notch. So I figure that is the range of notch in each setting. I may be very wrong.

Unlike Discrimination Level, which eliminates all targets from the left of the scale to the right,
NOTCH can eliminate and re-include targets within the scale displayed at the top of the display.
Inclusion or exclusion of target ranges is indicated with a crossed icon.
To demonstrate how to set a notch, follow this instruction at first use.
RESET DETECTOR
1. Turn detector off.
2. Press-and-hold both the GROUNDGRAB and
MENU buttons.
3. Turn the detector on, while you are still pressing
the buttons.
4. Detector displays

Unlike the F75 which can notch out partial sections of each range, the whole thing goes when you set numbers inside those notch section.
Also, if disc is low and you set a notch in a higher section, or a few different notches which is also possible, the notch sections will indeed be notched out.
On the other hand if your disc is set high and you set a notch below that disc number the notch system works in an opposite manner and that section will be notched in instead.

REVIER said:
Unlike the F75 which can notch out partial sections of each range, the whole thing goes when you set numbers inside those notch section.
Also, if disc is low and you set a notch in a higher section, or a few different notches which is also possible, the notch sections will indeed be notched out.
On the other hand if your disc is set high and you set a notch below that disc number the notch system works in an opposite manner and that section will be notched in instead.

I see it the same way as REVIER, a half section on the F75 and whole section on the F70.

Ron in WV

Just the way the processor program is set up...a whole segment of numbers are notched out at different levels...

PostalTwo good question. I use both slash out and notch out. My coin program is: Notch out iron, foil, and tabs. I know the coin numbers and that is about all I dig is coin numbers. It really helps when you want to dig a lot of coins and there is a lot of trash. I used Disc@21 today because not a whole lot of trash. Setting of 21 slashes out iron and just slashes out foil. Sometimes a nickle comes in at high 20's, some gold rings will come in sometimes at mid 20's. If you start playing around with setting after you get to know the machine you will be surprised on what you can do with the F70. I really didn't play around with the settings for sometime because I just got too confused and spent more time trying to set it up than detecting. I was always worried about if I had the best settings and how much I was missing. I reset the detector and run standard settings until I had a good idea what the F70 could do. Thanks for reading and Happy Trails.....Z