Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F-75 Back from repair

TerryR

Just an update on my problem child. Got it back with new coil, control box, and battery box. They went above and beyond to help with the problem. Now here's the good one-went to a worked out park that that I have searched over before with this same machine-pulled a 1936 Merc and a 1958 Rosie in a 2 hour hunt. Guess I have had problems all along. Thanks Fisher you did good except now I have to go back to everywhere that I have been.

It was driving me nuts for one thing but the whole story is below titled "Nothing but problems." I can almost laugh about it now,but not yet.

What do you consider quiet? I sent mine back shortly after I got it because it chattered so much and they sent it back saying it had no problems. It worked the same when I got it back. I just put in my fourth set of batteries and I have found some good stuff, none at depth. I have a silver dime in my back yard at 8" and can't detect it with the 75. Anyway, I see some posts that say their 75 runs quiet and wonder if it is actually quiet except for target responses or just less noisy. I thought I would have more confidence in this machine by now. Settings: DE, sens:30-75, tones: 1 or 3, disc.: 6-15, gb: 50-67. I always try to find the quietest frequency.
What do you guys think?

Thanks

Mine was really noisy. It would chatter no matter what but got really bad when you touched the coil or moved it at all. They said that problem was bad shielding in the coil. Also had a bad solder joint on the main board. I don't think these machines are that bad noise wise but I used the old Teknetics for years and noise was just part of the machine. You could tell if a thunder storm was approaching. You should try to find someone in your area that also has one and compare them. There is a world of difference in mine now, so I know it was not right when I bought it. The thing that is bad is that there are probably a lot of units that are out there with some sort of problems and people will just give up on them. My theory is that a machine in this price range should never hit the market if there is any question about it. Put a bunch of them in hands of actual users for months(not 6 units), then hit the real world usage. It's a lot of money to spend to be disappointed. Through this ordeal I did learn to use my Cortes better, so that is a plus.

Nice to know you now have the detector you paid for ! quality testing of each unit should have culled the first dud detector you received.

It would have been good to see a detailed report of the faults they needed to fix.

Bobby.

The F-75 runs quieter between a disc setting of 5 to 20. At a setting of 4 or less or above 20, it runs a bit hotter.