Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F-75 Info

Paul (IL)

Could someone tell me if there is more than one version of the F75. I am thinking about making a big move from an explorer II to an F75. I am hoping I will be as happy with the F75 as I am with the explorer II. One of my reasons for the switch is weight. (Getting old) Also just want to try something different.

n/t

The F 75 truly is a pleasure to swing and one can all day without arm fatique. In light of the fact that the F 75 is so sensitive and sees everything under the coil, it does take a little getting used to. If you do decide to get the F 75, just "walk with it" for a few hours in the factory pre-set modes, before you crank it up and "run with it." It gets wonderful depth and really excells for sniffing out good targets from among the trash. And, there are plenty of us here on the forum that will help you in any way we can. HH jim tn

Paul,

I have the F75 and the Explorer SE Pro. Some say the Explorer II is better than the SE. I have never had it but that being said, I carry both in the truck when I go detecting. If there is a lot of electrical interference or a lot of ground mineralization, I leave the F75 in the truck. If you go to salt water beach, leave the F75 in the truck. If you like to swing really really slow, then leave the F75 in the truck. The processor is extremely fast and can pick up all of the targets in a pass where the Explorer has to be swung very slowly to even come close. The older F75's needed the update which will cost you if you buy an older machine. New machines should have all the updates, (software, battery door, coil plugs and screen seal) I find that they both have their advantages and disadvantages.

Just my two cents,
PryorCreekJoe

The f75 works fine on the beach, all you have to do is manual GB if the fastgrab won't work, even in the wet

Paul, the worst thing for me was the swing spead, the faster you go the bettter the ID, being used to sov,explorer and etrac this was the hardest to adjust to as it seemed natural to slow down to investigate a deep target, sometimes the f75 would lose it if the swing was not up to speed, short sharp swings will bring it back(a bit like a speeded up wiggle)

I appreciate all the replies very much I will let you know how I do. I was wondering about how the swing speed compared to the explorer swing speed....thanks for that info.

kered said:
The f75 works fine on the beach, all you have to do is manual GB if the fastgrab won't work, even in the wet

Paul, the worst thing for me was the swing spead, the faster you go the bettter the ID, being used to sov,explorer and etrac this was the hardest to adjust to as it seemed natural to slow down to investigate a deep target, sometimes the f75 would lose it if the swing was not up to speed, short sharp swings will bring it back(a bit like a speeded up wiggle)

Kered,

I have never been to a salt beach with my F75 as I was told it was a waste of time unless I was only in the dry sand. I have used it on fresh water beaches and even in the shallow water with out much problem but was told that even manual GB would be marginal at best on a salt beach. Since I have both the Explorer and the F75 it seemed reasonable to use the one that is the most stable for the situation. I will have to give the F75 at try the next time I make it to a salt beach. (I will have the Explorer ready though) LOL

Joe

I agree there two different animals and I am looking forward to going back over some of my locations. I was always pretty confident in my explorer but I think there were areas where the faster response time might be an advantage.

Thanks everyone for information very much appreciated

Paul

I recently took my F75 to the beach and had no problems in wet or dry sand. I just had to adjust the manual ground balance when I went back and forth.

The few times I've gotten to the beach with mine, thanks to Tinfoil, it has performed fine. In the wet sand, it does take a manual g/b, but in the dry sand, it performs just about like on land. HH jim tn