Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F-75 Upgrade

Jackalope

Having one of the earlier F-75's, I needed to get the grip/battery comp update. When they returned it to me I noticed that a capacitor had been replaced but no indication what circuit was changed. Maybe the capacitor was just bad?

Anyway, now my F-75 is GBing at 70 to 72 in an area where it previously GBed at 83 to 89. Seems somewhat more stable and a little deeper. I suppose that if the GB is really in the low 70's, rather than the low to upper 80's, that would explain the change. All in all, I'm happy with it as is.

Has anyone else had this experience with upgrading their F-75? Guess this is not of current interest with the LTD on the market but I'm keeping my older F-75 rather than put more money into the same model.

For those just getting into the F-75 market, they can get the new technology for about a $1000. For us previous owners, it will cost an extra $400 to $500 to get the LTD after we sell the old F-75, which would make the cost of the LTD about $1400. Of course, if you keep your old F-75 and get the LTD, you'd have about $1800 invested. Feel sort of uneasy about the whole deal and I think me and FT are going to part company. Trying to decide between the E-trac and the V3.

Ron

I can see why you are upset. But this happens with every technology. I'm sitting here typing while watching a 3000.00 rear projection TV. By the way it is not 1080 so no Blue Ray. If you factor in the price of a V3 or Etrac and then decide that the F75 LTD is better then what. Suffer for pride? Buy a F75 LTD and have fun. We all are victims.

The Vista windows computer i am using will be replaced next month with windows 7 and the processor will be
a dog in a few years

Well if you are in the hobby for the love of history and you know the F75 has been out for what three years now and how good it is or I should say how great it is but not perfect...Then buying the new LTD can be upsetting to some. But to others like some of us...We are keeping our older F75 and buying the new one so we have a great backup....If you get the V3 good luck I have not read any results that it does what it was intended to do with the color graphs and the programing and the three freq. The F75 is raw power and now it is maxed. I have no problem with Fisher and how they are advacning the F75. They do it with cars every year.

Even though I haven't bought one, I'm glad to see Fisher pushing the envelope with a new top-of-the-line unit.

Sure, I'd be bummed if I bought a new previous generation F75 weeks, or for that matter only days, before the LTD was announced.

But any time you buy technology you know sooner or later it will become dated if not obsolete. Top of the line today won't be top of the line tomorrow.

Expecting First Texas to upgrade the earlier F75s just isn't reasonable, and good luck finding companies in any field that will upgrade already sold older products to meet the specs of newer better products.

Upgrading old units isn't how a company like FT remains profitable, selling new detectors is.

And selling detectors is what pays for R&D which allows them to keep bringing out better and better detectors.

I don't suppose anybody would have faulted Fisher if they came out with a new model. I think they were being more honest with us by releasing the LTD. Yes, it is a step up, but remember the original F75 is pretty special. I would love to have an LTD but for the hunting I do the original F75 will keep me happy until Fisher amazes us all with that new detector.

Don

Low-Boy/LCPM said:
Well if you are in the hobby for the love of history and you know the F75 has been out for what three years now and how good it is or I should say how great it is but not perfect...Then buying the new LTD can be upsetting to some. But to others like some of us...We are keeping our older F75 and buying the new one so we have a great backup....If you get the V3 good luck I have not read any results that it does what it was intended to do with the color graphs and the programing and the three freq. The F75 is raw power and now it is maxed. I have no problem with Fisher and how they are advacning the F75. They do it with cars every year.

Just got the LTD my self and have only got to use it about two hours good machine so far. I too have a V3 and like it a lot it is great for certian things not as good for others. If you a a detecting addict like I am there is no way one detector is going to do it all. I have about 5 or 6 now. The LTD will be mostly my relic detector. the graphs and three feq work great on my V3.

Jason