Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F/A Coin Pattern Produced

Clad2Hunt

I have a home site from the 20's I've hunted over the last 2 years with friends and a lot of different MD's. Every once in a while it gives up a older coin. Over the years, being on a main highway and the family enjoying MDing it has been hunted hard. I started out looking around in BP, 80 sens. 3H and 4 desc. 11" coil. Ground has patches of hard mineral area and around house good 6" top soil then clay. It isn't to hard to find a place to GB but it has some roof nails and mineral laden spots. Not very trashy which is a rarity these days. Just didn't see a coin in my future after an hour. Decided to try a coin pattern that I like in parks. I use 65 desc. notch 30 back in for the majority of nickels. Sure I miss the war nickels but I'm after the old nickels myself. If I notch in above that I get to many tabs. 80 sens. and DP tone. I also put it into Fast Audio and it was the key in a 26 coin afternoon. The recovery speed and the deep tone for nickels and high tones for copper and up just let me here the change of chirps to the good tones. I don't find this to be a hearing overload but headphones are needed to be able to hear the good tone as fast as it is reported. Some of the wheats and the Rosie were 6" easy and on angle. Yet the audio when I would get a good tone in the middle of all the short chirpy ones I would stop and work it and the separating of the 11" shined. You can "whip it" as fast as you want back and forth and really pull the good target out of the masking. Some of the targets had the orange soil from nails that have dissolved so a masking effect was happening. The TID was on the money with the good coin target showing on everyone I checked. With this set up using DP you just know it a good target. Going back later this week to try 5" coil in a area I think still may hold a couple coins. Try this pattern and see if it works for you. Headed back to all my old sites starting now. Very happy with the LTD-2 . Its working for me and I'm a Minelab user for the last 4 years. I see a 13" coil in its future. 1933 Buffalo came in at 27, 28 and produced a strong clear grunt. The tones for coins just in the low copper end can produce an almost strange duck sound. 63' Rosie was the icing. My first with the LTD. Guess the ET is going to be the backup now. lol HH JR

Totally agree with what you experienced using DP tones and fast mode with the 11" dd...a guy can hunt right through trash by audio alone, narrow in on the good ping, and pull it!

Great work there, C2H!:clapping:

Dropping sens and going neg on thresh really exponentially tightens up the target profile into a nice golf ball sized area, even a tight multidenom spill or slanted stack cant escape, you can wiggle, tap, and hover that big coil over a pile of junk and isolate a good ping right down there in the mess...:thumbup:.

Mud

I did not to try the FA mode yet, you got me looking forward to using it.

Now that is impressive.
I have been looking for something that will get to the mask coins without just digging all metal. I just got my machine back from upgrade and haven't had a chance to hunt with it yet.

FA will be first on my list of settings to try.

Thanks,

Ron in WV

I've heard good things about recovery speed regarding the F75 and related detectors. There are an untold number of coins masked by iron and aluminum out there that are 6-inches deep and less, and this seems to be one of the faster detectors on the market today! You are bound to find more goodies with future hunts at that place given your most recent results!!! Good hunting! :clapping:

It has 12-14 on start up. They received it from me on 12- 4 and returned 12-16. Pretty good service. The upgrade is working for me. I have turned up the pitch some so the silvers really hit high. Went to the location that I got 4 silver dimes last Sunday and in the same courtyard pulled this 41 Washington and 3 wheats and the signal was so bouncy but I could still pick out the coins. This is a 15x30 area and has been gone over by several other hunters just hunting ahead of me . Needless to say I got bragging rights and my friends I hunted behind ate crow. SPANKED by the LTD-2. lol

good review and good job on the silvers ive been reading that the all metal is lacking in depth on the upgraded units have you tried am mode yet hh

Clad2Hunt said:
It has 12-14 on start up. They received it from me on 12- 4 and returned 12-16. Pretty good service. The upgrade is working for me. I have turned up the pitch some so the silvers really hit high. Went to the location that I got 4 silver dimes last Sunday and in the same courtyard pulled this 41 Washington and 3 wheats and the signal was so bouncy but I could still pick out the coins. This is a 15x30 area and has been gone over by several other hunters just hunting ahead of me . Needless to say I got bragging rights and my friends I hunted behind ate crow. SPANKED by the LTD-2. lol

LOVE IT! That's pure motivation right there!

It's good to see old coins coming out of the ground this time of year - Coin spills with a nickel mixed really make for an interesting signal...the ability to slow down and zero in on individual coins makes for thrilling discoveries! Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

Clad2Hunt said:

Vary nice, was you still using your FA settings and how deep do you think these latest finds were?

Ron in WV

I was using Fast Audio on both hunts. Most of these coins were more on edge than deep. While the depth on the meter showed 8" on the Rosie I believe it was more like 6". With a lot of coins masked in the upper area of the soil here FA is going to pull some squeakers out for me. Just have to pay attention to the tones or you can miss the good one. Tested the ET with 11" Pro coil on several of the finds and it just didn't see these coins. The 11" Bi Axle saw them but some of the signals were iffy but repeatable. The ET saw the iron hallo and nulled out. TTF didn't help. Date on Buffalo is up for debate. Will have to have someone with better eye look at it tomorrow.

Very good post..i sold me etrac due to weight but alot was having similar issues in iron..my F70 was locating coins that my etrac would not..open screen bad tone targets all showed bottom right corner ..F70 showed easily diggable target and most likely a coin... I ran my new F75SE2 in a small yard that had every detector over it hard since the 80's...the F70 was only one of last 4 detectors to pull anything out of there..used F75 in FA mode and pulled out 4 keepers along with 6 pieces of small lead..that was a 35 min hunt..all targets were less than 6" and covered in rusty bits of metal.. Very impressed as you are...thanks for your post

That's all good news, now I can take the ET off my Christmas list.

Six inches is not to shabby in my book, from past silver finds in my area 6" is about the average.

On your Buffalo date if you just got to know the date and don't care about the value of the coin there is a chemical we got back in the day called Date Restore.

?? what is TTF?

Ron in WV

Got it and thanks,
Ron in WV

Its like 2f on the 75. Grunts for iron and high tone for non ferrous targets It also doesn't use all the filters so it has a bit faster response to pick non ferrous out when surround by iron. Works good with small coils and patience.