Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F or C mode M1 or M2

DigDog

In park what has everyone experienced with different modes
Is there any difference between mode F or C or M1 and M2
Manual says M1 more sensitivity to higher conductive metal and M2 more towards lower conductive wondering what difference you noticed digging and if you are not planning on notching out anything does it matter if you are in F or C

In park what has everyone experienced with different modes
Is there any difference between mode F or C or M1 and M2
Manual says M1 more sensitivity to higher conductive metal and M2 more towards lower conductive wondering what difference you noticed digging and if you are not planning on notching out anything does it matter if you are in F or C
If you read the manual it also tells you the difference between the C (Custom mode) and the F (Ferrous off) mode in the F mode the way I understand it is when running in F mode the Legend will give no responce on any ferrous targets if you do not want to dig any ferrous targets then run in F mode which I would not personally use that mode or use it very little I have one custom program set up, I set my Legend to only dig signals Quarters or higher simply because there are times I do not feel like digging targets like nickels and dimes so in one of my C mode user profiles I notched out TIDs below a quarter TID I do not use it much but it is there if I decide to use it, personally I like to dig every good tone because you just never truly know so I am running in A (All metal) mode

The C mode is the mode you use to set up your custom user programs I myself have set up a few custom modes and saved those so I myself am running in custom or C mode time because of my custom profiles I have set up I will switch between one of my custom programs I have set and A (All Metal) mode it just depends on how I feel on a given day

If you read the manual it also tells you the difference between the C (Custom mode) and the F (Ferrous off) mode in the F mode the way I understand it is when running in F mode the Legend will give no responce on any ferrous targets if you do not want to dig any ferrous targets then run in F mode which I would not personally use that mode or use it very little I have one custom program set up, I set my Legend to only dig signals Quarters or higher simply because there are times I do not feel like digging targets like nickels and dimes so in one of my C mode user profiles I notched out TIDs below a quarter TID I do not use it much but it is there if I decide to use it, personally I like to dig every good tone because you just never truly know so I am running in A (All metal) mode

The C mode is the mode you use to set up your custom user programs I myself have set up a few custom modes and saved those so I myself am running in custom or C mode time because of my custom profiles I have set up I will switch between one of my custom programs I have set and A (All Metal) mode it just depends on how I feel on a given day
Thanks I guess thats where I think i am a little confused. So in F mode no audio or visual on any ferrous targets but in C still get audio and visual on some ferrous?
Because they default notch out the same.
So if i don’t plan to change any of the notches I thought whats the difference then.
The way i read it could be wrong thats why i was asking

Oldkoot,
I follow your advise to Tmops50 but stumped by first saying you elect to notch out below quarters bit later say you prefer to dig good signals in A mode. Why notch out nickels and dimes when they could very well be gold and silver rings????
In the area where I am playing mainly I’m in F mode and still experimenting with Sens and Thresh. Since there are four slots to run in C I have moved what works for that area over to C. Now, when I move back to the big ball field I will experiment there and save to slot 2, etc etc. I guess different theories for different folks.
Tmops,
F simply removes the ferrous items 1-11 unless your running the 07 update. Now only 1-10 is out as it was shown that if 11 was out it was also removing small gold wristlet chains and other small gold jewelry so pay attention to which update you are running. Oldkoot is correct, C mode is custom so if your going to place A you can go to profile (1-4) and be ready to go and if you go across the street and its different you can switch to a different profile and keep going. A mode is All metal so be prepared for more low grunts (more like relic hunting). But to address your question finally…… I believe C mode has everything on and you have the ability to take out certain items like iron, tabs, caps, etc or dimes and nickels if thats what you find a need to do.
Clear as mud?

Hey Ronstar
I am running v107, makes me wonder though is the cut off for small gold at 10 or could it possibly as low as 9,8 or even 7,6.
Then you might as well run in G mode if I am looking more for jewelry then coins as old coins are very rare around here.
The question about F or C mode us actually in F mode the manual says you get absolutely no sound or visual on any ferrous targets, so is it exactly the same in F mode where you get absolutely no sound or visual in all ferrous targets.
In that case if i am not planning on really notching out anything at that range where i can possibly puck up small jewelry not sure if it makes any difference weather i am in F mode or C mode

Correction

The question about F or C mode is actually in F mode the manual says you get absolutely no sound or visual on any ferrous targets, so is it exactly the same in C mode where you get absolutely no sound or visual in all ferrous targets.

Oldkoot,
I follow your advise to Tmops50 but stumped by first saying you elect to notch out below quarters bit later say you prefer to dig good signals in A mode. Why notch out nickels and dimes when they could very well be gold and silver rings????
In the area where I am playing mainly I’m in F mode and still experimenting with Sens and Thresh. Since there are four slots to run in C I have moved what works for that area over to C. Now, when I move back to the big ball field I will experiment there and save to slot 2, etc etc. I guess different theories for different folks.
Tmops,
F simply removes the ferrous items 1-11 unless your running the 07 update. Now only 1-10 is out as it was shown that if 11 was out it was also removing small gold wristlet chains and other small gold jewelry so pay attention to which update you are running. Oldkoot is correct, C mode is custom so if your going to place A you can go to profile (1-4) and be ready to go and if you go across the street and its different you can switch to a different profile and keep going. A mode is All metal so be prepared for more low grunts (more like relic hunting). But to address your question finally…… I believe C mode has everything on and you have the ability to take out certain items like iron, tabs, caps, etc or dimes and nickels if thats what you find a need to do.
Clear as mud?
Ronstar to clarify as I stated I run in A (all metal) mode most of the time but there are days because of breathing issues that I suffer from due to being hospitalized from Covid 19 I simply do not feel like digging every target that the Legend goes off on, so I set up a custom user program in C (custom) mode where I literally notched out everything below 50 which is basically everything that rings up below a quarter signal, I run in 2 tone when I decide to use that custom program and have set my tone break in that specific program to reflect my settings in other words my first tone break is set at 50 my tone volume in the first tone break is set at 2 and 50 to 60 TIDs my tone volume is set to 10 (max volume), i do not use this custom program all the time but it is set and saved for when I want to use it, I also do realize that when I do use that particular custom setting that I could be missing digging up gold targets again I only use that particular custom user setting when I just do not feel like digging every good tone target the Legend goes off on

Correction

The question about F or C mode is actually in F mode the manual says you get absolutely no sound or visual on any ferrous targets, so is it exactly the same in C mode where you get absolutely no sound or visual in all ferrous targets.
the F setting and the C setting are two different settings so to answer your question no it would not be the same in the C setting you can however set a custom user profile in the C setting to eliminate all ferrous targets The C setting is the only setting you can do this in.

The C, F, G and A are all pre set factory discrimination patterns or notch patterns so to speak

The other thing to keep in mind I mainly detect for gold nuggets and have seen gold come in all across the TID range including into negative TIDs on some detectors the Legend does not utilize negative TIDs, so when you eliminate ferrous anything you could eliminate some gold targets.

Last edited:
Oldkoot, I gotcha now!!!

Tmops,
The lowest number on a gold ring I’ve had to date was low nickel on my F75 (which is 30s), I have not hit on a gold ring yet with the Legend but nickels there are in the 27-28 range so I pay attention to 25-26 as well (in theory). Oldkoot us exactly right, gold can and does come in different numbers to include zinc. If I understand your inquiry, if you mirror F while in C then there would be no difference as you suggest. So far while in F mode I have not had anything sound off below 10, I do get 11 “hums” fairly often but a quick pinpoint search tells me its larger iron (which we know is in the ground where we hunt). I prefer to think of the other three modes as a learning ground and leave C to customize as I see fit. Kinda like getting in a fancy car, hit the driver preference button, and all the mirrors, peddles, and comfort settings simply adjust to that driver.

Last edited:
Oldkoot, I gotcha now!!!

Tmops,
The lowest number on a gold ring I’ve had to date was low nickel on my F75 (which is 30s), I have not hit on a gold ring yet with the Legend but nickels there are in the 27-28 range so I pay attention to 25-26 as well (in theory). Oldkoot us exactly right, gold can and does come in different numbers to include zinc. If I understand your inquiry, if you mirror F while in C then there would be no difference as you suggest. So far while in F mode I have not had anything sound off below 10, I do get 11 “hums” fairly often but a quick pinpoint search tells me its larger iron (which we know is in the ground where we hunt). I prefer to think of the other three modes as a learning ground and leave C to customize as I see fit. Kinda like getting in a fancy car, hit the driver preference button, and all the mirrors, peddles, and comfort settings simply adjust to that driver.
So I think im more confused now lol
Oldcook said F and C are two different settings but you can set C setting to eliminate all ferrous targets. But I thought F setting also eliminates all ferrous targets just the same as C. They both notch out 1 to 10 according to the manual.
The manual states in F you get no audio or visual on anything that registers 1 to 10 but it does not say if it eliminates all audio and visual in C setting for everything that registers 1 to 10.
If it does the same in both then they are essentially the same, you just have the option to notch out or add in C.
Again if i do not plan to add or reject anything is then F and C basically the same in my case?
Or will i get the audio and visual in C but not F on anything from 1 to 10
I think my question maybe was misunderstood.
Maybe let me explain how i want it to operate. I dont want to miss anything that might be gold jewelry period. I want the lower deeper tone on one end of the spectrum and the higher pitch tone on the higher end of the spectrum. So what mode is best and what should i have to set to operate this way
Thanks

So I think im more confused now lol
Oldcook said F and C are two different settings but you can set C setting to eliminate all ferrous targets. But I thought F setting also eliminates all ferrous targets just the same as C. They both notch out 1 to 10 according to the manual.
The manual states in F you get no audio or visual on anything that registers 1 to 10 but it does not say if it eliminates all audio and visual in C setting for everything that registers 1 to 10.
If it does the same in both then they are essentially the same, you just have the option to notch out or add in C.
Again if i do not plan to add or reject anything is then F and C basically the same in my case?
Or will i get the audio and visual in C but not F on anything from 1 to 10
I think my question maybe was misunderstood.
Maybe let me explain how i want it to operate. I dont want to miss anything that might be gold jewelry period. I want the lower deeper tone on one end of the spectrum and the higher pitch tone on the higher end of the spectrum. So what mode is best and what should i have to set to operate this way
Thanks
based on what you are wanting to do I would run in A (all metal) Mode and then I would set my tone breaks and tone pitch for each tone break to sound like you want it to sound
for instance I have my first tone break set at 7 my volume for that tone break is set to 2 and the tone pitch is set to 3 my second tone break is set to 7-20 my tone volume is set for my second tone break is set to
4 or 5 and the tone pitch is set to 4 my third tone break is set to 20-40 my tone volume is set to 7 and tone pitch is set to 18 my forth is set up 40-60 my tone volume is set to max which is 10 and my tone pitch is set to 28 I run in 4 tones and what I have described to you is one of my C (custom) user profiles

you can set the tone breaks and tone volume and tone pitch in all metal mode also, and like I said based on what you are wanting to do I would run in A (All Metal) discrimination pattern and set up the tone break, tone volume and tone pitch so you get a low iron grunt in the lower TIDs and a screaming tone on the higher TIDs and somewhere in between on the middle tones the Legend has all kinds of adjustability and you can pretty much make set it up to your liking.

based on what you are wanting to do I would run in A (all metal) Mode and then I would set my tone breaks and tone pitch for each tone break to sound like you want it to sound
for instance I have my first tone break set at 7 my volume for that tone break is set to 2 and the tone pitch is set to 3 my second tone break is set to 7-20 my tone volume is set for my second tone break is set to
4 or 5 and the tone pitch is set to 4 my third tone break is set to 20-40 my tone volume is set to 7 and tone pitch is set to 18 my forth is set up 40-60 my tone volume is set to max which is 10 and my tone pitch is set to 28 I run in 4 tones and what I have described to you is one of my C (custom) user profiles

you can set the tone breaks and tone volume and tone pitch in all metal mode also, and like I said based on what you are wanting to do I would run in A (All Metal) discrimination pattern and set up the tone break, tone volume and tone pitch so you get a low iron grunt in the lower TIDs and a screaming tone on the higher TIDs and somewhere in between on the middle tones the Legend has all kinds of adjustability and you can pretty much make set it up to your liking.
Thanks for info
So gold jewelry can come in anywhere from 1 to 60 if im understanding correctly?
How about running in G mode then?

I believe based on your intended detecting that oldkoot is correct.
If I remember right if its notched out the audio goes silent as well as the visual to answer your other question.

I believe based on your intended detecting that oldkoot is correct.
If I remember right if its notched out the audio goes silent as well as the visual to answer your other question.
Your talking in C mode correct?
Would like to know if I don’t want to miss any small jewelry period will G Mode or even F and C mode be good or does it have to be in all metal?

Your talking in C mode correct?
Would like to know if I don’t want to miss any small jewelry period will G Mode or even F and C mode be good or does it have to be in all metal?
Tmops50: the G (ground Off) discrimination mode I believe it eliminates most ground noise and it might be a good mode to run in for small jewelry and in your previous reply you are correct gold can come in all across the TID range but I have never seen a piece of gold jewelry come in in the really low TID numbers I am not saying it cannot happen I myself have never seen small gold jewelery come in in say 1-5 TID range howe ever I have seen some gold nuggets come in into the negative TIDs like I said earlier the Legend does not utilize negative TIDs but with that said gold can and sometimes does come in, in the complete spectrum of TIDs, in the G mode the first two TIDs are notched out, myself to do what you are wanting to do I would run in A (all metal) mode.