Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F-Pulse

coin pirate

Has anyone recently since all the problems started when first released, bought a F-Pulse, just wondering if they still have a lot of repair returns today.

I have the Tek version. I have one of the very first manufactured and have been using it as my regular pinpointer for the last 6 months....the only issues I encounter is that there is a slight delay when I turn it on and it comes on.....about 1 second.....and if I turn on while in close contact to a metal object it may lock on and require loosing the screw cap (breaking battery connection) to turn off. No big deal really. I turn it on and off every every use. Pretty decent.

Good Luck,
Mike

Mike: I have both the F-Pulse and the Tek. Both of them have the delay when turned on, so I think this is normal. I use the F-Pulse most of the time because it seems slightly more stable. Both of mine need the cap loosing procedure once in a while because of the "locked on" that you mentioned.

I have the Tek version. I have one of the very first manufactured and have been using it as my regular pinpointer for the last 6 months....the only issues I encounter is that there is a slight delay when I turn it on and it comes on.....about 1 second.....and if I turn on while in close contact to a metal object it may lock on and require loosing the screw cap (breaking battery connection) to turn off. No big deal really. I turn it on and off every every use. Pretty decent.

Good Luck,
Mike

You can recalibrate it in the hidden menu to get rid of that turn on delay.

Care to elaborate on hidden menu..how to.
Aslo, looking for recent purchases to see if current lots are better, but then who knows how long inventory has set as well I guess. Just can't justify in excess of a 100 dollars for a pointer and it not be without faults, otherwise its just an expensive chinese knockoff with a brand name.

Remember there are 16 frequency options to chose from for stability. You can find a stable channel to work with any detector. When selecting the channel to use, stand there swinging your coil back and forth over a surface target while pointing the pinpointer at the coil at hip level and cycle through the frequencies. Choose the pinpointer frequency that is both stable and doesn't mask the target response. Believe it or not, if you are using the wrong frequency selection on your pinpointer you can complete mask any signal under the coil when the pinpointer is pointed at it....

First Texas did do a revision to the pulse pointers. The newer Rev 2 models I field tested had less issues than the original model. It doesn't lock up as easily and turn on is smoother. Just make sure you that if you are buying new that you are getting the Rev 2. I never got a rev 2 production model and personally don't have a problem using the original released model.

HH
Mike