Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F19 and GB pro sensitivity

Grumpie

Just curious has anyone with either one of these detectors try to see if there machine picks up a #9 birdshot. And if so what was the max distance

Is that 2.0mm in diameter BB type ? Wish I had one to test. Judging by the tiny stuff I picked up this summer at the beach with the smaller coils, I would say the F19 can pick it up but can't be sure. That's small indeed.

I had a small piece of iron that was sent to me with a mini weight scale for calibration. It's about 2.5mm but almost flat. On the F19, it barely registers in zero disc mode and sensitivity cranked way up. It's a broken signal that comes and goes. In all metal mode with sensitivity only half way, it picks it up no problem with a good but somewhat faint signal in the headphones. This is in the air only. I can't test it in the ground. It's frozen stiff with 24 inches of snow on top.

Because you posted a similar question in the X-Terra forum, I can say that my X-Terra 705 with the HF football coil will sometimes beep once every 10 passes in all metal mode. It's virtually invisible with that detector.

dfmike, so from having both detectors, would you say that the F19 is more sensitive than the x-terra?

I've acquired my X-Terra only recently. In air tests the F19 is more sensitive to the very small low conductors with comparably sized coils and the X-Terra equipped with an HF coil. I haven't tried the X-Terra on super small targets in prospecting mode yet. That could change everything.

I can't make a proper judgment on the X-Terra yet as I have very limited experience on it in the field. I still can't take it out. It's snowing right now again !