Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F19 and the park

StephenA

I took my F19 to a park just to play around with it and get an idea how well it worked just general detecting. I set it up like a YouTube video said and proceeded to give it a try. I found several clad coins but their signal was somewhat soft compared to other detectors I have used. Then I hit a nickel and it was like BAM! This thing does ok on pennies, dimes and quarters but nickels and small gold hit extremely hard. I found a 10K kids ring and it sounded exactly like the nickels. One thing I noticed about this machine is how much like a CZ it is except it ignores rusty iron and steel. The weight of it is wonderful! The only thing negative is how soft the other coins hit. quarters were at 83/84 dimes 80/82 and pennies were consistent at 78. The nickels and little ring came in at 54/56.

I will keep this a bit longer as I was always a huge fan of the CZ 7a for finding gold and silver.

Stephen-----Page 3 "Introduction to the F-19" of your F-19 owners manual does a pretty good job of answering your question as to the coin "hits".-----Except for the zinc---the coin #'s you reported are a little lower than I typically get on them & my ground is (for the most part) quite mineralized."-------I've said many times that the F-19/G2+ are not the deepest detectors but in most cases they are quite adequate.---They are so versatile--I love them, even for coin hunting.-----(IMO), I guess the most "negative" thing I could say about the F-19/G2+ is the fact that the disc tones and pinpoint tone are not "lined up" the best---meaning when you have the hunt tones (disc mode tone) set loud enough--the pinpoint tone is too loud (and vice versa).----Use a good set of h.p.'s with them (like Sunray Pro Golds) and you will be fine though.---My hearing isn't the best & I do ok with them.---I just set the audio with the volume controls on each ear cup of the Pro Golds where I need them to hunt with & although the targets reports aren't as pronounced as with some detectors, I find them to be fine.-----And yes, it's normal to get stronger hits/reports with this detector on lower conductor targets.-----------Del

You pretty well summed up my feelings and observations. Would let me know the settings you generally use in coin hunting.
Thank you,
Steve

Your numbers are somewhat lower than what I get too. I agree with D&P-OR regarding the headphones. They are critical with this detector as the VCO can sound terribly dull with some brands. Also I wrote to Fisher when I got mine thinking that something was broken because the pinpoint sounded so loud compared to the VCO tones and they told me it was normal. The VCO's volume can be controlled but apparently the pinpoint volume is on max all the time and it can't be changed. This is especially annoying when you don't want to use headphones. The pinpoint sound will announce your presence throughout the neighborhood.

Gotta love the f19

Thanks guys, going out this morning to a kids park to play with it some more then on to some older sites.

Good hunting!

The F19 is super hot on low conductors and micro jewelry.

The F19 audio also does a very good job of target sizing too. With a little practice you'll be able to tell when you got something larger than a coin under your coil. You'll be able to walk away from some trash, like buried flatten cans or large chucks of can slaw, or large deep iron falsing without having to dig it up. Also, with a little time you'll find you won't need to use the pinpoint feature at all unless you are using one of those steering wheel size coils.

Good headphones are a real plus as you have already been told. I like the ProStars, and the Koss QZ-99. They do well.

HH
Mike

F19 & G2 are the best relic machines I've ever used. Not bad for coin hunting either. They're modulated audio machines. Meaning the farther the target is from the coil the softer the response will be. The only time I use the pinpoint feture is to size the target. I pinpoint by Xing the target going 360° around it. I've hit way too many things over the years & this works for me. I'm a relic Hunter also & use a 15"coil.