Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F19 can find very tiny stuff

Larbear2

Just had to get out and detect last Friday, if only for an hour or so. Couldn‘t get too far away and still have time to detect, so I went to a baseball field that I have hit pretty hard over the years, wasn’t expecting to find much. Found a few modern coins and then this religious medallion marked STER on the back. Kind of cool how the F19 will find the real small stuff.
Got out today and found a gold ring, post in Garrett AT forum if you want to check it out.
image.jpg

I found a religious medallion a couple years ago exactly like the one you posted with my F5.
Seems like I remember several other people saying they had found the same thing , must be pretty common.

Yes, I think that they are pretty common, I have found quite a few over the years. Most have been sterling and they hold up pretty good over the years in the dirt or water. I have found a few that were not sterling and they had started the corrosion process. It would be fun to find a gold one sometime, but it hasn’t happened to me yet. Evidently they do come in different sizes,, the one in the picture is one of the smaller ones that i have found.
Finding a religious medallion seems kind of similar to finding a CTR ring. Either one can be sterling, but usually not a large amount of silver in either one. So what should we do with them? Throw them in the sterling pile and sell for melt when you have enough to send in? Try to sell at a garage or yard sale? Collect your sterling and when you have enough, have a jeweler build something for you or your honey? Any suggestions?
The F19 will find really small targets and is a lot of fun to use. One downside is that it will also find tiny bits of can slaw, foil, bits of sta tabs, beaver tails. But overall it is a fun detector and will surprise the user with what it will find. For several years they seemed a little too expensive to pull the trigger to purchase one. When they dropped the price by about $200, I said OK, I am gettin one!

That is the miraculous medal. I found one just like it earlier this year but not made of silver. The story behind that religious pendant is interesting. The year 1830 is engraved under her feet ?