Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F2 18K plated ring:thumbup:

Hey Everyone,
Went to the park today and found the usual clad, junk and stuff. I also found this neat ring even if it is a junker. The only marks I can make out are 18K blah blah something. Sorry, I just can't get the 18K mark to show up in a pic. Didn't know they used 18K for plating, maybe it's older?

F2 ran like a champ, the screwcaps shown were dug at the beginning of the hunt and they kept ringing up as zincs again, as I mentioned in a previous post on the F2, the only other thing that rings up as zincs on my machine are zincs that are on the surface to 2" deep. Deeper zincs ring up under dime, as you can see from my finds I am still digging the deep zincs which may be wheats or IH's but not anymore screwcaps:thumbup: This is the second ring I've found with the F2 in 3 hunts.
Thanks for looking,

Glenn

Nice finds and some good info Glenn, so you are saying if the F2 reads zinc and it's deeper than 2" chances are it's a bottlecap? I should be getting my F2 this week, can't wait.

[quote lovepulltabs]Nice finds and some good info Glenn, so you are saying if the F2 reads zinc and it's deeper than 2" chances are it's a bottlecap? I should be getting my F2 this week, can't wait.[/quote]

Yes, actually it's a screw cap like you'd find on a 40 oz. beer bottle, they always show as a zinc with depth and sound very tempting:biggrin:. I run with the iron notched out so I don't get the bottle caps/ twist off types at all maybe 1 or 2 in about 10 hrs. Good luck with the F2 lovepulltabs:thumbup:
Glenn

Way 2 go Bro! Nice finds. The F2's an awesome md. I haven't found gold yet on my F2 yet. Hopefully this year will be the year.

nice sampling of "goodies!".."nasty" little detector ain't it?

(h.h!)
j.t.

[quote Bozack]Way 2 go Bro! Nice finds. The F2's an awesome md. I haven't found gold yet on my F2 yet. Hopefully this year will be the year.[/quote]

Thanks man, you're right it's awesome, use F2, gold will come. You'll get yours, Good Luck!
Glenn

[quote jmaryt]nice sampling of "goodies!".."nasty" little detector ain't it?[/quote]

It sure is jmaryt when are you going to get to swing yours? Are you still in Winter? Good Luck!
Glenn

yeah!..i'm getting ready to break out!..been so busy have had to put detectin' off!..i am anxious to get out with it!..

(h.h!)
j.t.