Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F2 coils need help

Dude

I'm wanting to buy either the 10" or 11"DD with push in connector or both for the F2. I've contacted several dealers and even the big guys and no one carries them. I keep getting contact Fisher. I'm trying to avoid that because they want top dollar. FeeBay isn't any better.
Any suggestions would be of help.
Thanks.

Pm sent

Demand for those particular coils is low enough that most dealers aren't going to have them in stock. It's possible to buy factory direct, but the factory doesn't compete with dealers, so factory direct you pay full list price.

If you can't find what you're looking for privately, I would suggest asking a dealer to order one for you, and apply their usual discount to the sale. That not only gets you the searchcoil at less than list price, it also helps you establish a relationship with a dealer.

If you have a good local dealer, that's the best way to go. If you don't, then I would suggest start with forum sponsors. Dealers who sponsor forums almost universally have good reputations because they'd get slaughtered on the same forums if they didn't do a good job for their customers.

--Dave J.

Did you ever have any luck? I want to upgrade to the 10 inch coil myself. I wonder if the trouble is the push in coil? I have the screw in. I am going to start looking for a new coil on payday!

I finally found a dealer that could sell me the push in type coil. The screw in type is the newest and the one all the dealers carry now.

Just upgraded to the ten inch coil. I have the screw in plug. I ordered it Friday and had it on Monday.